Curing with a dehydrator

Has anyone used a commercial grade dehydrator to dry out the harvest?

1 Like

i have not,it’s good to take the slow road when curing cannabis…
i have an eight tier breathable drying rack that works well…

2 Likes

Best to let the colas hang for a few days. Air movement will help the majority of moisture go away.

After that the dehydrator will help…be sure to set at low low setting.

2 Likes

@Whodat66 uses a dehydrator without heat to get taste tests early. I’m sure he can say his thoughts on it. But I don’t think anyone would do large amounts that way.

Oh and welcome to the forum :grin:

1 Like

Yup welcome to the forum.

1 Like

I wouldn’t use one just because we leave in sugar leaves to slow the drying process to make it even throughout the bud. So taking what I have learned, I would advise against doing the opposite unless it was for taste test purposes only. Just my 2 cents lol. Welcome to the forum!

Having used a dehydrator, the outside is always less juicier than the inside of meat so I am afraid it would cook the outside and not be uniform throughout the buds.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use it to dry faster, it will affect flavor and smell if you do.

Now if your humidity is to high and hard for you to control then sure, go ahead and use one.

Curing is the process of letting things like chlorophyll break down. That takes time that dehydrating doesn’t allow for.

I’m sure the Grow Bible has info on the difference between drying and curing. Here’s another little article:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Marijuana_Cultivation/Curing

I’ve been reading more and I agree it’s best not to use the dehydrator.

2 Likes