Curing ? What to do

First time grower. Presently bringing in my first crop and things look good. Honestly thought that I was good to go after just drying and packing when I heard that curing was necessary.
Can I cure in zip lock bags or do I need to get specific equipment for this?

1 Like

I think glass mason jars or grove bags would be better. You want to try and keep the rh in the 50-62% zone

1 Like

Use mason jars if you have them. 2x a day for the 1st week take the lid off for 15 min. 1x a day on the second week then maybe once every few days after that. Use a humidity pack and keep in a cool dark place. Trying groove bags myself now and it seem to be going well. Bag keeps at 61-63 percent humidity and you just seal them and let them be. No burping. After 3-4 weeks you should be good to go.

1 Like

Just buy the grove bags if you have to buy anything. They’re inexpensive and hassle free.

5 Likes

Ideally dry at 60°/60% rh for 10-14 days. Get a wood moisture meter. When you get a reading of 12% you’re ready to cure. Grove bags are the easiest way to go. Just fill them up with the appropriate amount of smoke, zip them and wait. You can sign up with them and get a $10 coupon. I got enough bags for 6 lbs under $50.

1 Like

I am sold on the Grove bags. This link will take you to a thread that has tons of info on them.

Technically yes you could cure in ziplock bags but youd have to monitor humidity near daily and be constantly giving them humidity boosters nah grove bags are the best but no matter what you’ll need 6+ cheap humidity meters

1 Like

can you send me a link to where to purchase?

grovebags(.)com (remove the brackets, we can’t post certain links here). Then select Shop Now and Build your own / Mix and Match Variety Pack.

1 Like

@MagicCultivator420 has you covered. It’s just Grovebags(dot)com. Click shop now in the drop down menu. Then you’ll probably want to do the mix and match option.

1 Like

Or on ebay which is where I get my grove bags

You may want to check out their website. You get $10 off by signing up, plus the bags are a lot cheaper than anything I’ve found on Amazon or ebay.

3 Likes