Curing time soon

About to harvest and dry my outdoors right on Time before winter kicks in.
I am almost out of mason jarsz… jumped online to order some more and found that they are sold out everywhere! I used the 1 quart 32 wide mouth mason jars. Some sellers on Amazon and ebay have the nerve to be selling the 12 pack for 50 bucks and more, when the regular price was 15 bucks for a 12 pack…!!! #@$&*
What else do you guys use for curing buds. Any other types of jars and or containers???

2 Likes

U can basically use anything food safe that is air tight seal. Did u try to go on ball website and order from them. Can also watch fb marketplace in ur area for ppl selling them too usually real good deals there on used jars but nothing some soapy bleach water wont clean

3 Likes

I got lucky and found 6 packs of the larger than quart sized ones for 12.99 at my local grocery store, got 2 of em!

I second @Mark0427 s suggesting to look for used ones on FB marketplace, or buy/sell/trade apps, local flea markets, you could try harbor freight/tractor supply stores…

Good idea for the market place.
Heads up FYI:
Ball and kerr do not sell from website. There have been multiple scam sites popping up selling them posing as ball. Many people are being scammed! I luckily checked the legitimacy of 4 sites before ordering and all were scam sites. People taking advantage of the shortage lol. Greed is a B

1 Like

All canning supplies are in short supply because of covid.
I have been looking for lids and seals for a month now.

I use 5 ltr plastic food storage jars from Walmart. The ones with the clip on airtight lids. Not expensive either :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Hareesa A member a week or so back mentioned Hobby Lobby. I checked my local Hobby Lobby they only had jelly jars in stock. I was on vacation last week I checked several places between point A and B and I found none.

1 Like

@Davyg I’ve never used plastic. People have told me it leeches into the buds… In assuming ur experience has been good?

1 Like

I bought 7 dozen over the course of the year until July or August.Can’t find any anywhere now.None.Glad I got what I needed,hopefully be needing most of them this year.

1 Like

These are food safe and have zero smell when you open them for the first time. I give the bulk of my stuff away and never had any problems :sunglasses:

I will check walmart this weekend (going to be crazy)
Do you remember the brand it is @Davyg ?
I feel like I’m getting old, I’m going to spend some of my weekend looking for jars

1 Like

I will check just now. I’m in the uk and it’s Asda/Walmart that we have. I will check just now and get right back to you :sunglasses:

Thanks @Davyg
Those look nice. I dont know if we have the same brand, will check
Btw, r ur walmarts as crazy as mine? I can find anything from a fight, to some stuff u only see on tv talk shows at my walmart on a daily basis. Plus I can probably find crack, crystal meth etc… But no jars lol!

1 Like

Almost but not quite :man_facepalming::rofl::rofl::rofl:. The big one’s stock just about anything for the home. I know the ones in the US stock anything from parrots to hand grenades but we don’t have that here :man_shrugging::rofl::rofl::rofl:. Good luck on your quest and keep me posted on how you get on :sunglasses:

I believe curing in plastic, Tupperware etc is fine. Glass is better suited for longer storage.

1 Like

Jelly and pasta sauce specifically the Classico brand jars work great. I’ve even gotten gelato in a old style pull down clamp jar recently. Same boat as you only so many jars and everything is sold out.

1 Like

Got 14 of these 8 oz jars for a dollar each at hobby lobby. The jars seem to be air tight, really small so Will probably still need more jars for this marathon. Good price in comparison to these greedy mark up merchants, but still small .
I will probably bleach clean a couple old sauce jars and call it quits.
Just an FYI, hobby lobby is doing 50% off glass containers. Walmart was busy as usual, no hand grenades , but plenty of interesting people.
IMG_20201017_211534544|375x500

1 Like

Happy friken cake day !
Yeah plastic is fine. You dont really even need it air tight, so long as moisture doesnt move too easily in or out. Some folks cure bulk weed in black plastic bags with the the top twisted really tight. Not ideal but when you are curing a mountside full of weed ya gotta piss with the cock ya got right!

1 Like