Curing Time length

From dry to jar how long before you can smoke and enjoy or share with someone ?

1 Like

I do a 2 week minimum then I’ll start feeding off of the jar as I continue to cure it. 2 weeks if a standard time to fully enjoy what you grew

2 Likes

Also careful with those humidity packs. I’ve never used them personally because everybody else I know that grows says the diminished the quality of their terps and flavor. Just a thought (if you can get away with not using them)

I wait till it smells like it’s ready to smoke. But yeah, 2 weeks minimum to share, maybe more. That said I start sampling after about 10 days.

1 Like

Sometimes we just can’t help ourselves :rofl:

2 Likes

I think it is a good way to tell that the cure is working. :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

Just an FYI and a 2c’s worth, according to Bergman’s Bible, curing is for long time storage.
Actually, your buds are ready to smoke as soon as you chop. Folks that sample buds early have proven this over and over.

I personally cure for at least a month or two. Last batch I put Boveda pack and hygrometer in jar and burped 2 maybe 3 times in two months and then into grove bags. RH stayed at 62%
Personally, I have not noticed a difference. Everybody does things just a little different. You’ll figure out what’s best for your needs.
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I have used them they made my weed go to dry

1 Like

It’s kind of like fine wine gets better in time. I like to go about 30 days, an roll one up. Everybody has a little different plan I guess if your supply gets low need to dip in sooner. Good luck

4 Likes

Patience my friend, in 5 years you can sample it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I usually cure from 30 to 120 days.

2 Likes

Thanks, Last year I waited 60 days before even sampling. I feel free to check at certain points, I think dry is the key word here with my harvest. Heard you could dry & cure at a point.

1 Like

I actually pulled a bud from a fresh cure jar sitting just one day, it was moist and sticky, but it made me trip out when I smoked it.

2 Likes