Curing techniques

So after drying and trimming the buds are placed in mason jars…for a while.
It’s my understanding to keep the jars in a cool dark area?
Open them once a day for a few minutes to breathe?
What else can be done?
Any way to mess it up?
And I see some people use Bovida humidity packs in their jars. At what point is this done?

3 Likes

Dont over cure and dry it out.
You can get a cheap 10 pack of hygrometers to place in the jars or use the bags you mentioned now.

1 Like

I use 2-way 62% Boveda packs (small size). I had hygrometers in the jars. From now on, no more hygrometers. Boveda packs kept them right at 62% for about a month and a half and I only burped maybe 4 times. Now I have them in Grove bags for storage. Works like a charm.

You might want to look into the Grove bags. You supposedly don’t have to even burp them I believe. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

The grove bags work fantastic.

5 Likes

So what happens if it dries out too much?

What size 62% Bovida? And do you fill the jar with bud? or half full?

1 Like

These a good size for quart Mason jars?
https://amzn.to/3sB3z2C

1 Like

The size was I think considered small, about an 1.5” sq.

I put 1 pack and a hygrometer and an oz. of weed in the jar. You’ll see, it’ll keep your weed at 62%. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

I think these are way bigger than what I got.

Boveda 62% RH 2-Way Humidity Control | Size 1 in 20-Count Reclosable Bag Amazon.com

Would this be the size?

Thanks

Also why do you say NO hydrometers .I thought that’s how you can tell it’s right where you want it to be?

Sorry my bad I just realized on another response you said
1 pack
1 meter
1 Z

1 Like

After observing them day in and day out, there is no need because they stay at 62% and yes I believe those are the ones thanks!

1 Like

Turkey bags work too

1 Like

Do you think it’s possible to store more than one z in a quart jar with a bigger pack or is that ,too crowded ?

1 Like

IMO, that may be too crowded. I use quart size jars and that’s just big enough to hold an oz. hygrometer and a pack.

2 Likes

Thanks …read on some other forum I stumbled upon …someone said to use the 67 graham size pack for a quart or half gallon size jar

Quart wide mouths are cheap enough thanks again

2 Likes

As @StonedCold13 mentioned the hydrometer is a good tool to add in each jar to monitor moisture level. Also the bovida packs I don’t like to use with the curing process , Maybe later. Just my thoughts good luck

1 Like

Thank you …I think I’m also going to try it without them but feel like I should get some as safety net lol

1 Like

I looked those up and man they’re expensive.

Go Back again you read something wrong they are dirt cheep. I bought 25 one ounce bags for 25 dollars. Way cheaper than jars and imho work as well if not better.

5 Likes

Can you post a link to where you get them at this price …a lot of what I see is twice to 3 times as much

No links allowed here. but there is only 1 place…
Google .“Grove Bags” if they dont tout the “Terplok” technology then your at the wrong place.

4 Likes