Curing RH is way low i think

Just chopped my first grow. I let the girls hang in the tent with a small humidifier and one small oscillating fan not blowing directly on them for 11 days. Managed to keep temps around 65 and RH around 55-60 %. Just dry trimmed the first one and put it in a grovebag with a hygrometer. Hygrometer is only reading 49% in the bag. Think its supposed to be around 70% and i shoud be burping and stuff. Added a bovida pack to try and raise humidity but still reading 49%. Am i doing something wrong?
Any advice would be welcomed.
Thank you guys in advance :pray:.

1 Like

60% RH should be your target for the duration of dry, cure, and storage.

3 Likes

Thats what i was aiming for but not really sure what to do now that its trimmed and in a curing bag already. Should i add more bovida packs to try an raise RH ?

1 Like

Also i heard you dont really want to use bovida packs right off the bat because it can change flavor profiles.

1 Like

I’ve heard this from reputable growers as well.

I usually add 1 or 2 drops of water in the container (put the drop on the side of the container rather than directly on flower) to raise RH. Others’ use cannabis leaves to provide additional moisture.

1 Like

Put a leaf thats not dry in the bag with them or a piece of orange or lemon rind. You could use a small piece of iceburg lettuce but be aware it will hydrate fast in there

2 Likes

I’ve also wet a corner of napkin with a few drops of water and added it to a jar. Within a day or two the napkin is dry and the humidity is up.

1 Like

Excellent advice :pray:

1 Like

Awesome tips thank you :pray:

No problem man

1 Like

Just wet up a paper towel a little and bang RH is at 59%. You guys are the BEST!

1 Like