Curing my bud in a jar

OK so i put my bud in jar this morning and my humidity is riding a little high and it’s staying about 71% with the lid open, so my question is will it hurt just to leave the lid open on my jar all night bc i read between 60 and 65% rh is where you wanna keep it at and if i close the lid it starts shooting up to 74 75 i haven’t let it get past 75 what would y’all do?

I removed it from the jars at 70% when I used jars.

1 Like

Paper bag. Drop it in…close it up. Couple 3 hours. Put back in jar close with meter in. Check 2 hours. If not there rinse repeat. Dont beat up the flowers. I go in 62-65 for cushion. Just me.

2 Likes

OK if i can find a paper bag

1 Like

Just 1 method. Works well for me and easy. 70 and up you risk mold.

A couple or 3 hrs?

Yes. 71%. I have forgottenbthem for 8 or more with no detriment. That was an old school cure back in the day.

OK thanks

1 Like

It probably won’t hurt it over night but with rh that high I would take it out of the jar and spread it out and let it dry for an hour or so then put it back in the jar and check rh after another hour. If still way too high do that again until you hxgot it close then burp every day until it’s 60-62rh and close it up tight. Make sure there’s no debris on the lid seal or top of jar before putting it on.

1 Like

I couldn’t find a paper bag so i put it in a cardboard shoe box

1 Like

Will work. The paper pulls moisture. The moisture in middle move up. Cure starts.

What % rh should i put it back in the jar

Give it a couple hours then put in. Check rh IN jar sealed after it settles. There is your mark. Can kinda judge from there bag time. A lot of us are using grove bags at the moment. In at desired rh seal and forget. Working for me so far.

If you have a moisture meter 11-12% if you’re only using a hydrometer I would leave it in the box overnight then put it in a jar and check rh after it’s been in the jar for an hour or 2
I wouldn’t go by rh in the box it’s not gonna be the same as it would be in the jar. Once you put it back in the jar the rh will creep as the moisture spreads evenly back through the weed

1 Like

OK thanks