Curing in glass ... or

One of many discussions on the benefits of curing in glass prompted me to throw this out here. Almost all tend to agree that curing in an airtight glass container is superior to plastic or other materials. However, there is another popular type of copolyster container that looks to be a great alternative for curing marijuana for personal growes. It’s relatively inert, BPA free, and burpable.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Brilliance-Storage-Container-BPA-free/dp/B079M8FPTW

Some of the benefits:

• Buds can be less densely packed
  • Relatively insert without the negative attributes of polycarbonates (typical plastics)
  • Stackable, durable, clear (to easily see your hygrometer)
  • Burpable. When the clasps are lifted they allow air to escape

Wondering what y’all think. Does anyone use these?

I’m doing half in these and half in growler jars. I’ll update on results. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

:man_dancing:

Thanks to @neofirebird for this link.

5 Likes

Love the idea actually can you give us a side shot so we can see how deep they look?

I’m getting sick of glass Mason jars to be honest they don’t stack, are breakable, heavy, expensive and hard to get buds in and out of

Although plastic is porous and this is what most fear.

So I would counter with getting the glass food storage containers.

1 Like

I’d be concerned that they are not really air tight.

From the description:

Built-in vents under latches allow splatter-resistant microwaving with the lid on

And one of the reviews mentioned ice crystals forming on the food when put into the freezer, another sign that it’s not really air tight:

They don’t completely seal, though - ice crystals get in; I like to make batches of food and keep them for work lunches. By the end of the week, the frozen ones are covered with ice.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser Thanks for that. I remember seeing a video from America’s Test Kitchen (take that with a grain of salt if one must) that showed that this brand was rated best at their waterproofness. And isn’t that what we’re trying to prevent against - moisture in the air? Anyway, I’m interested to see what the differences may be in a few weeks or months …

1 Like

I would go with the glass ones, no vents ruber seal.

Ultimately Mason jars are the standard due to zero plastic I just may have to switch to the wide mouth ones and figure out how to store/stack them (maybe milk crates)

3 Likes

It’ll look like a milkman’s stash :joy:

1 Like

5.25" (w) x 7.75" (l) x 2.25" (d) or 3.25" (d)
13.3cm (w) x 19.6cm (l) x 5.7cm (d) or 8.3cm (d)

I like the size just not digging that much plastic and now the vents that @Hellraiser pointed out.

2 Likes

Righty-O ! :sweat_smile:

Don’t know if I would trust these at 6-8 months or a year…
Probably better for short term

1 Like

Let us know your results after curing, taste ect.

2 Likes

I get that. But all plastics are not created equally. This is a copolyester that is as non-porous and inert as glass, unlike most typical polycarbonate or acrylic plastics. Or so they claim. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yeah ide like to see that tested…
Do you have a USB microscope?

1 Like

I do … but that’s beyond my pay grade. :sweat_smile:

Lol what? If you have one just zoom in and let’s see a picture compared to glass.

2 Likes

Lol. Ok. I’ll give it a whirl …

2 Likes

Hopefully you still have the stand it came with because your hands gonna be shakey at that zoome level.
Even more so if your blitzed lol

2 Likes

You might want to check out Grove bags. Cheaper than Boveda packs, easy to stack in a box in a cool dark corner.

3 Likes

Been looking at those. May try fairly soon.

1 Like

I’ll look into that. Thanks !

1 Like