Curing/drying/storing harvest

High,
I may be rushing a bit but I want to be prepared. I have a chance to build a “dry/cure room” (In my basement near window) and wondered what I need to make sure i do it right.
Thanks
Ger

60% humidity, at 60°F in the dark with air circulation.

1 Like

After you get it dried and cured does anybody store it in seal a meal bags

Thanks. How long should I keep them in 60/60? I do store in mason(glass) jars.
Ger

High, I usually store in mason (glass) jars. Seems to help them not dry out.
Ger

Keep them there until the stems bend, but don’t snap. And seem mostly dry.
When you jar them, burp the once a day for a week or two. Sometimes you may have to dump all of it out, and air out on a plate, to be certain the moisture isn’t building up inside the jar.
You can cure using a 62% boveda pack. Or less if you prefer.
Boveda packs are reusable, just add the dried out one to a sealed container with water in a container. They’ll rehydrate.

1 Like

You want it dark (so covering up that window is a good start) You want ample room to hang your plants, you want good air exchange, so an exhaust fan would be good, but also a fan circulating air. You want the humidity levels to not dip below 50% as you want a long gradual cure. Have you cured before and what is your method?

You want it dark (so covering up that window is a good start) You want ample room to hang your plants, you want good air exchange, so an exhaust fan would be good, but also a fan circulating air. You want the humidity levels to not dip below 50% as you want a long gradual cure. Have you cured before and what is your method? I want to say that this is only the tip of the iceberg and grazing the surface and addressing the initial drying part before it goes into containers for a cure.

1 Like

Thanks yes did grow last year and I just hung them in my garage till I thought they were ready to go into the jar. Burped well. They did come out okay.