Curing buds fix? I have 60RH and dark room but 75degrees

I have a small room to cure in, it is dark and I can put a humidifier in there to raise humidity to 60, but I have no way to get temps down to 60s. Temps will be 73-75 range mostly. So qusestion is, what can I do to still get great smelling n tasting buds?? I understand all u need to do is dry them slowly so any options??? Tyvm!!

1 Like

Look into Grove Bags. I think @Audiofreak and @ThermoNukePanda and maybe @Hellraiser have all used them for curing before. I understand they take a lot of the energy out of the drying and curing process.

1 Like

Are you talking about drying or curing? You can fix during cure by putting them in something like a mason jar or Grove Bags, keep them indoors and use 61% Boveda packs. burp several times a day.

1 Like

If your using the “Grove Bag” no need to burp. But as mentioned above these are for cure after dried.

3 Likes

@Odaharry Hi there! So depending on your plants size it’s my understanding that you will “dry” your plants for a period of 7-10 days. Preferably upside down and in darkness.

After that is the curing process. I am using grove bags (which seemed SUPER convenient honestly). After you’re dried and trimmed just throw it all in the bags and forget about them for a month. Some people cure up to 3 months I’ve heard?

I’m very happy so far with the curing in the bags. No need to burp Mason jars or open anything as the bags are designed to “breathe” and keep the buds at perfect humidity levels

3 Likes

Oh sorry for confusion, I meant drying! Haven’t got to the curing part yet. Just hung em up today. Kinda funny with kids stuff n in their room, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!(kids

not in there for 2weeks)

2 Likes

I’ll really have to look into those bags and I got 2 big harvest n very few jars lol. But ya I meant drying. So my understanding is best in dark 65 degrees n 60 humidity. Can’t get the low temp n probably won’t be 60 whole time either. Humiditfier struggled to keep it 60 all day

2 Likes

Is there anything I can do to slow the dry with 70s temps? It’s dark n humid at least. But I’m not sure if I should adjust my humidity levels either for higher temps?

1 Like

I wish I could get down to the 70’s. Be happy I have to dry in the low 80’s.

Not too much you can do to lower temps, maybe add an extra small fan in the bottom of the tent just bloswing at the lower tent wall or the ground.

What about spraying dilute hydrogen peroxide on plants couple times a day? Would that slow down drying and with the hydrogen peroxide, prevent mold from spraying on the water???

1 Like

I wouldn’t spray anything on the buds… just increase airflow if you can with a fan

But wouldn’t that speed up drying n goal is to dry as slow as possible??

Maybe add another humidifier?

I could try that next time maybe, but would probably go over 60 RH n might get mold then . Unless extra fan would stop that?

1 Like