Curing and vacation

Hi all, long story short. My timing was off. I have 2 plants that are drying. Just a couple days now. But just as I will be beginning the cure process, I will be leaving for vacation for 7 days. Any suggestions on keeping my buds safe from mold or getting to dry? My first thought is get some Bolivia packs, put in my jars, keep the lid cracked and in a cool dry place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 Likes

Happened to me, bummer right! What j did was had 3 days of dry time only then had to leave so I put them in paper bags and l ft cracked in my bedroom. Dried up good maybe a little too much but it’s what I had to work with. It will be nice to see other ppls take on it. How many days of drying will you have before bya gutta leave?

1 Like

its hard to say, how dry are they…? have u removed all the stems before adding to the jar… how stuffed in the jar are they, outside humidity…

so much to consider, I had the recent ones in a gallon tub, that I just left it non sealed, and slightly ajar for 5 days… but I was just guessing… worked fine… but i over dried the others… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i would go with the paperbags too, the glas jar is too risky if they dont get moved… maybe they will overdry a bit, you rewet them a little bit when you come back

1 Like

Hey LoCoRock. Thanks for replying. I have plenty of time to do a good controlled dry. The problem time is the first week of cure. I won’t be around to crack jars and monitor humidity.

1 Like

Hi kettle
No stems, I only put 70, 80 % full in my jars

It’s winter where I am. So pretty dry this time of year. Even in the house.

it is risky… I thought id be fine and I was, it could have gone the other way… I have had a fair bit of experience of curing over the years… :wink:

Right I wouldn’t leave them in jars …

1 Like

I agree… go the paper bags… :ok_hand:

and it was summer where I was and super low humidity…

1 Like

Thanks guys. Paper bags it is. I never would have thought of that. That’s why I came here. Should I add a bolivia pack to the bags?

You can get a bucket to put your buds in then drill a hole for a air hose in the top and bottom glue in a hose with a check valve going in on the top and out on the bottom then put a air pump on a timer so it turns on once a day that should automatically burp your harvest while you are away

5 Likes

Gardenguy, is the pump connected to either hose? Is just running free. I may not have the time or resources to do it, but it sounds like a great idea. I think the paper bag trick will be my go to.

Thank you all for the great suggestions.

1 Like

The air pump is connected to the hose with the check valve going in on top the hose on bottom allows the humid air out . The check valve will stop unwanted air exchange to prevent over drying

1 Like

If going the paper bag route I would recommend not putting very much in each bag I do that with trim but stir it regularly . I have missed a bag hear and there and ended up with mold in the unstirred bags

1 Like

5 gallon bucket
Air line
Air pump
Air line tee connector
Air one way check valves
Gamma seal lid
Timer

Set up:

Pump - check valve in - bottom of 5 gallon bucket
Inside bucket use tee connector

Cut a piece of air line to loop the bottom middle of bucket and put tiny holes in line.

If possible use co2 rain hose

At top of bucket make another hole

Air line out to check valve out

Set timer to turn pump on for 7-10 mins 3 x a day

And let it cure your plants while your away

5 Likes

Thanks for those details!

i always use paper bags in my drying / curing transitional period…

1 Like

If you have to leave. I use a curing tent. No air in or out. They will dry perfect. If they get a little dry then this when the 2 way moisture packs work the best. I have weed still thats almost 9 months and its still super fresh.

1 Like