Cure Jars to take the guess work out? Overkill? Yup

The reason the need to check humidity during curing is to ensure the proper moisture content to both prevent mold and keep the best for long-term. They make ‘humidity packs’ you can put in the jar to extend that life. But never put desiccant or silica packs in to take out moisture.

1 Like

There are tons of YouTube videos on curing and jarring. Vacuum pack is cool, but if you aren’t keeping herb for a long time, simply putting into a Ball jar at proper humidity levels is fine for quite a while @lmduty.
the humidity packs mentioned are normally used for cigar humidors. Boveda packs usually 62% or less. They add or take away moisture as needed and cost about $1.25 for a single pack. (They come in bags of ten).
Freezing will not let the normal chemical processes, such as chlorophyll breakdown, to occur. Curing also increases potency and most say flavor.

2 Likes

Hello! I am a fan of ink bird… Do you have a link to ink birds hygrometers?

Sorry for the delay. Here is a link:
https://www.amazon.com/AUTIDEFY-Electronic-Temperature-Thermometer-Hygrometer/dp/B07SJK7FWY/ref=bmx_5/144-7647487-1115504?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07SJK7FWY&pd_rd_r=db38cc09-d417-4831-9711-bd1d70059f17&pd_rd_w=G6qA1&pd_rd_wg=yZ4wZ&pf_rd_p=04f8298a-a324-416e-a108-788274fceb3a&pf_rd_r=5AWQBBAEM6VT379CC1ZH&psc=1&refRID=5AWQBBAEM6VT379CC1ZH
These work well. The first ones I bought a couple of years ago are all still running.

No problem… Thank you for the help.

I forgot… It is canning season. Add to that the pandemic and am finding it impossible to find Mason jars of any type… Let alone quart wide mouth.

The hunt is on… Time is ticking. I have three (assumed) auto flowers I think will be done in a few weeks or so… And 6 others ready in 5-6 weeks.

1 Like

I said something incorrect here. Curing will NOT increase potency. A proper cure and storage will maintain it longer, however.