Cure before making vape oil or not?

I am going to make vape oil out of a new harvest. Does it need to cure first?

@DoobieNoobie Didn’t you make some vape oil, bud?

1 Like

I did make some but it was from cured bud (at least a month or more). I just harvested and did not know if I curing was better than immediate.

2 Likes

I did try but it’s not very tasty. I used dried but not fully cured. Once you’ve had distillate it’s hard to compare with that flavor. I think the best method I’ve seen anyone use is with concentrates like shatter and either farm to vape or something similar.

2 Likes

You have to add some terps to get a better taste. How was the quality?

Quality of? The liquid? It was mediocre. Would’ve needed more flower than I added but it makes a decent topical use in small amounts. And I’m not willing to try again. I’ll have a press to use and start experiments with that in a few months.

1 Like

I read on another site that the only difference would be in the taste, sugars and chloroform, causing a not so pleasant taste. Quality was just as good because more trichomes are still present. I might try some, I am harvesting a bunch really soon.

2 Likes

If you do please report back with your method and results. The more of us that try the more likely we are to find a way that works. I can’t spare what I’ve got left and by the time I harvest again I’ll have access to a press. So I’ll be trying that method next.

2 Likes

Will do!

2 Likes

Well, I made oil from dried but not cured bud. Came out good. I see no reason to cure if you are going to use alcohol to release the trichomes. Harvest, dry make oil.