Cultivation lessons

Can I get some tips and advice for harvesting my plants?

I’m sure you can bud, are your plants indoors or out? Not that it makes a huge difference but I (outdoor) like to take mine down right before sun up or early morning on a day with low humidity if possible. I have 4”x4”x4’ garden fence that I make into loops perfect for hanging buds up. I make sure my humidity in the room I use to dry is around 55% with temps around 65, an oscillating fan circulating air But not blowing on buds. I’ve done both wet and dry trimming (manicuring the small leaves to make buds pretty) I prefer wet trimming but have had a harvest that was so large, and the fact I was trimming solo that I was drowning in bud and couldn’t keep up. Ended up drying it with leaves on and even putting it in jars to cure, and only trimming it as I was smoking it. Came out excellent so either way lol

1 Like

I don’t cut the entire plant down. I watch the trichs and as soon as it gets near 50% clear/cloudy I start to harvest. I cut, trim and dry over the course of a week. All feeding has stopped at this point and the plant I have picked for harvesting has had no water for a few days prior. When the first lot has been drying in the dark for around a week I jar it for 24 hrs with a hygrometer to give me an idea of moisture content. 62% is the magic figure for me and it needs to stay stable at that with zero swing up or down. When that is complete I move it then into a bigger jar for storage again with a hygrometer. I check the moisture constantly but at this point I only check the jars every day or two for mould

1 Like