Psilocybin Adventures

Oh wow, thanks!

Inventory:

8 popcorn half-quart jars just starting to show growth.

4 agar dishes.

3 liquid cultures that I’ve maintained for at least a month. They have plenty of mycellium in them.

3 additional liquid cultures that I just started on Sunday. They are starting to show growth.

2 rye berry bags inoculated a couple weeks ago with liquid culture. Growth is slow but making progress.

I threw out the tub as it failed to make progress for several weeks. It didn’t get (obviously) contaminated, as the tub maintained that sweet mushroom smell. It just wouldn’t grow out.

2 Likes

Popcorns starting to grow some and one of the bags is too I’m happy just late bloomers can’t wait til my millet and rye come in I git to get a tub going soon hopefully my agar dish I did I don’t if that’s gonna make it or not don’t really like these plates I got but we’ll just have to see

2 Likes

All cakes in action now.

3 Likes

How do you have your cakes setup in a small flower pot with the perlite and that’s it?? Do you cover it or no need. Soon ladies and gents soon ill b growing some out I give these jars another two eels maybe and hope b ready. One thing I forgot is to label so don’t know which is gonna be pen!$ envy and what’s Jedi mind f$&k guess we’ll tell when they grow and the one that looks like a little pen!$

1 Like

I have an inch or two of water that the perlite is sitting in…theoretically wicking it up raising humidity. They are covered. Ziplocks, bread bags, other clear crap I had around lol. I take the bags off twice a day and mist. That’s it. I was fanning I gave up on that a couple weeks ago.

3 Likes

Nice. When I ran my fist two in a cake I set it up in my seedling dome sitting on the wet perlite and piled in a humidifier but mine weren’t looking like yours good job. Least I know some of my things are making it through checked this morning and getting a lot better colonization going can’t wait. Ordered some bags and a sealer too got my rye berry in yesterday gonna try that next

2 Likes

Nice! Wishing you some success on these.

Oh yeah originally I had the airstone and pump setup going on. That was also removed weeks ago.

1 Like

Sweet, fluffy mycellium.

3 Likes

These ones are a thing of beauty!

5 Likes

Soaking some rye berry cause my bags and new sealer should b here tomorrow so we’ll cook these up tomorrow and get bagged up for innoculating on Wednesday

and one bag I had to toss one bag looking good and all four popcorn jars starting to take off I’m happy

2 Likes

I picked up a very nice All American pressure cooker today.

My old one held 7 quarts and it was a Montgomery Wards pc. I paid $100 and had to purchase a gasket. I broke the handles on it but that is an easy fix. If you were close I’d let it go pretty cheap. I’m gonna keep the AA

How long do people soak they’re grain for I’ve read ten To 24 hrs is the more the better or have to go by feel of the rye then I know I have to boil it after before cooling and bagging up

I soak for 24 hours and cook (boil) for 10 or 15 minutes. Rye is a smaller grain (than popcorn) and will therefore cook faster. Grains should smush when squeezed, but shouldn’t displace much water when squeezed. I cook mine so they have absorbed water, but are not waterlogged. They should be slightly firm when cooked.

1 Like

G oh t my bags and my sealer today going out for our 14th anniversary dinner then when we get back back cook this rye up cooled and bagged up should b exactly a 24 hr soak by the tile we get home. @MidwestGuy any gypsum in the rye will it hurt or add anything if I do

2 Likes

I put a tablespoon of gypsum in right after the cook. You could add some and it will help. Just keeps grains from sticking together.

2 Likes

Rye berry bag injected with b+ spores so if everything goes right have some penis envy Jedi mind f$&k and some b+ let’s prey

1 Like

I am going to sand the sides and bottom of mine down and spray pant it. I saw that online and it looked like a great idea.

1 Like

I would be careful about sanding. What it may do is create more surface area for bacteria and mold spores to collect.

2 Likes

I just use two inch wide black gorilla tape it works just as well as the paint

1 Like