Psilocybin Adventures

I was gonna try doing a some cloning when I get some nice ones growing but want to try one plate with the spores also do you micropore the sides like go around the plate after injecting

1 Like

2-3 weeks.

1 Like

I donā€™t do the sides. It would probably be better to use parafilm if you wanted to do that, though micropore would get the trick done.

1 Like

Nice progress!

I hear ya on yesterdayā€™s events. Without getting too political because I know thatā€™s frowned upon here, I will say that incitement of criminal acts is a federal offense and Iā€™m interested what happens next.

2 Likes

Inoculated 2 grain bags with liquid culture maybe 5 days ago. I have nice fluffy white mycellium showing this morning. Yay! Expect it will take a few weeks for them to colonize.

2 Likes

Haha right! All the waiting in these hobbies is killing me inside. Speaking of. Got some nice growth in the bulk spawn. No weirdness yet. I started with very little cake, only one half pint, no mycelium was showing.

Wish I took some baseline pictures, but was in a rush because of potential contam. Will check again in two days.

3 Likes

I was just reading about applying the casing layer and Iā€™m reading that Iā€™m supposed to let it fully colonize, then add the casing layer, then put it back in the dark and let that colonize, then fruitā€¦so if the casing layer was going to be the same stuff as the spawnā€¦whatā€™s the pointā€¦isnā€™t it just a thicker version of the same thing?

Interesting. I havenā€™t heard of this. Iā€™ve always cased when I initiate tub colonization. When it colonizes, I fruit it.

2 Likes

I picked up a quart of hydrogen peroxide today for a dollar at a Meijer (big box grocery) and it wasnā€™t a sale price. Itā€™s probably widely available now if anyone needs some.

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s what I did then started reading and got confused. Whatever Iā€™m gonna roll with what I have. Then fruit it when itā€™s white and see what happens. I really donā€™t expect this to work anyway but if it does sweet.

1 Like

Nothing is happening in any of these bags or jars whatā€™s going on itā€™s been about two weeks on some and a week on the others being sterile as hell doing in still air box donā€™t know whatā€™s going on

Damn that sucks to hear. If youā€™re confident in everything procedurally and environmentally thereā€™s really only one place to lookā€¦the spores. Iā€™m seeing action in about five days at ~70f

These new spores looked good Iā€™m gonna try the site you recommend next itā€™s pissing me off though Iā€™m using 10 percent bleach to clean bathroom and still air box alcohol showering heating the needle tip everything then putting them in back container so no light coming through heat mat in their set to 72

2 Likes

Are you letting your needle tip cool down enough? Seems like a simple step but could kill them on the way through.

1 Like

My other thought is brf 1/2 pints are pretty foolproof. Iā€™m getting away with murder compared to how careful you guys are being. At the loss of ten bucks and .5 ml of spore solution maybe give one of them a shot. Stem sterilize for 90 mins hasnā€™t failed me. Hour or less gets occasional contam.

2 Likes

Yeah letting it cool wiping with alcohol too before inject injecting

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen your comments and can tell you know what your doing so Iā€™d definitely be looking at the spores. You guys all agree that one place sucks, which one did you deal with this time?

2 Likes

These were from quality spores actually syringes looked nice too nice back spores definitely gonna try mushroom.com next

2 Likes

Sucks! I wouldnā€™t toss em yet you never know. Hope you get it worked out.

2 Likes

Is two ccs too much for. A qt jar. Maybe thatā€™s it idk if itā€™s too much or should I go lighter

1 Like