Psilocybin Adventures

Definitely having a good day. Definitely helping with work.

2 Likes

I wonder if you could make a pot leaf chart instead of a pie chart? HmmmmšŸ¤“

3 Likes

So I checked my grain bag today have a little red running in it discarding it what is red that would grow anyways I read itā€™s a bread mold maybe that sucks first contam @MidwestGuy @BooBooDaFoo @CoyoteCody

If you hunt psilocybin in the wildā€¦

1 Like

Any pics?

Look up lipstick mold or red bread mold.

http://sporetradingpost.com/contamination_info.htm

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen this process go down. Mind if I tag along? Super cool.

2 Likes

Welcome to the shroom farmerā€™s thread, @Slym3r.

1 Like

I threw it out right away it was definitely pink looked like bread mold like @MidwestGuy said looked it up afterward that sucks well part of the game I guess all six jars are doing great though fruiting the one on Saturday I think putting the others in sub next weekend Iā€™ll post pics then for sure @Slym3r glad to have you some good people in this thread guided me all the way through my first which Iā€™m still at so no professional but these other guys have some knowledge

1 Like

Your red mold made me remember my pastā€¦

I just read up on some stupidity I tried as a teenager. I synthesized lsa from rye bread. Really wish I had Google back then. But it didnā€™t kill me or mess me up that I know of lol.

My process was much different than what they say online. Mine was more like a still. I recooked the concoction several times with new ever clear. I froze the results and only consumed what didnā€™t freeze.

1 Like

A new home for shrooms so that I can get them out of my grow tent. Iā€™ve got a seedling pad and a humidifier at the bottom for heat and humidity. Iā€™m testing it first to make sure Iā€™ve gotten temp and humidity in range. I still need a buy a pan for the bottom. Amazon has some good ones that were made for dog crates.

2 Likes

Me like

Dunked my cake just now hopefully I get a small flush before next Saturday Iā€™ll put it in some tomorrow morning some time

1 Like

Generally takes a week to 10 days to starting seeing pins. Give them some air and some light and ye shall reap the rewards of your patience.

2 Likes

Damn I was hoping itā€™d be quicker but either way. Ordered some new 1/2 pint jars too to try and recover from that bag contamination

The grain bag that I isolated (for the alcohol smell) is actually doing very well and should be ready to put in a tub for colonization some time next week. Iā€™m really happy about that.

Two of my 4 jars appear to have contamination, as I am getting a little pinning and a purple hue to the micellum.

2 Likes

So cake is in the dome when do I need to mist only when the humidity drops down past 80 right now Iā€™m at 90 so only most when humidity lowers right hereā€™s a pic

and one other thing how close should this light be itā€™s just a little 300 led from amazon @BooBooDaFoo @CoyoteCody @ @MidwestGuy

2 Likes

I spray the inside of my tub anytime I see no condensation on the inside walls, and you could even use a small led bulb, the light only tells them which way to grow, mushrooms dont use photosynthesis.

3 Likes

So light doesnā€™t matter on distance then perfect canā€™t wait to see it fruit

4 Likes

Yup Cody nailed it. Also nice greenhouse! I planned on buying the exact one at one point and just doing a bunch of small monotubs or the real small monotub like the pics I posted a while ago.

1 Like