Cubensis Adventures

Done and dusted. Doesn’t look like there’ll be a second flush but I’ll worry about that next time. 1132g wet, 90g dry. Had my second microdose yesterday. Gonna wait on a psychedelic dose until I’m not micro’ing. Thanks again for the assist I probably would have thrown the coco on and ruined everything.

B+ should be ready for tubbin’ soon.

3 Likes

Beautiful!!! Well done @poly

1 Like

gonna get lions mane and some food mushrooms too. be nice to have a local food source lol

1 Like

Oysters are fun and easy! I always wanted to grow some of these.

Never got to though.

3 Likes

You gonna do those pf classics with brf cakes?

yea, probably. im still researching how best to grow each one.

Spoke too soon. I hadn’t checked on them in a couple of days and pulled the tub out to take to the compost and low and behold the start of a second flush.

:ok_hand:

5 Likes

Back to misting!
You can also submerge your cake for 6 to 12 hours to rehydrate it. After this flush if you want to push for a 3rd flush. I used plates and weights to hold it down, metal rods through the ae holes on your mono tub works also. She will look like hell after but as long as you keep it clean and change the water frequently your golden. Cakes will give and give till the nutrition is gone or an infection has rendered your cake unsafe. Excellent work @poly

3 Likes

My MIL is learning about mushrooms and asked me for some info, I was reminded about this video thought Id share it.

Diesel to sugar just amazing.

3 Likes

Stamets is in Michael Pollen’s How to Change your Mind special on Netflix. Fantasic Fungi is also available on Netflix and it is a great watch.

2 Likes

Lost my latest tub to the mean green.
Still have one left. Have 5 new jars going
I went up north and figured out I no longer like the taste of mushrooms. So I will be ordering gel caps and grinding up my shrooms. And taking them that way. I was up north and had the best time tripping and sitting around the camp fire.

3 Likes

I just watched that 6 part mini series. I really focused on the mushroom part. I am not fearful anymore there is also a really good YouTube video on the mushroom retreat.

2 Likes

I cant stand the taste of them either. Pills best way, IMO. Even freshies I chop into swallowable pieces. Blech!

2 Likes

At about 12 mins in that stamets video he begins talking about using mushrooms to combat Pox diseases (monkeypox) and influenza (covid). Interesting…

1 Like

Ran across a couple of decent videos on psilocybin decriminalization for therapeutic use this morning.

5 Likes

My latest tub I keep the lid cracked for air exchange
I really focus on making sure the bulk substrate was at field capacity. And I have added straw to the bulk the mycelium seems to love it. Getting some pin sets now.

Bad lighting that’s why it looks yellow

4 Likes

I can’t stand the taste of the ones I used to pick as a teenager. But the ones I grow I actually like. Maybe because it’s colonization and grown in grain instead of cow shit? :joy: But yeah I wake up , pick one, and throw it right in. Taste better than the little buttons bought at grocery store.

3 Likes

Love it!

4 Likes

Getting some big one for my first flush of mushrooms

The straw seems to make a difference

5 Likes

Straw makes for a well knitted substrate but you must be careful with having bits of it sticking far off surface of substrate. Straw will dry out alot faster then coco/verm. This can weaken the mycelium inhabbiting that straw allowing for a competitor fungus/mold to inhabbit and take over. It is very easy to prevent. Pasturize the straw seperatly from the rest of your substrate. At spawning, combine the two but make sure that no straw is within 2 inches of the sides bottom and top of the substrate. Layer it all in do a bit of coco then spawn then straw, then coco then spawn then straw. Make sure your top 2 inches are coco and verm mix. Looken good!

1 Like