Psilocybin Adventures

I don’t. I harvested a couple flushes from 2 tubs last month. I only microdose (0.3g every other day,) so I don’t use a whole lot. I’ve got 2 big Ball jars that are full of dried shrooms. I’m probably grow out a couple more tubs at some point this coming Winter.

2 Likes

these are b+, my first time trying plates. lots of fun learning it.

2 Likes

Yeah absolutely it is especially when you have good luck with trying agar. So if I’m not mistaken you built a flow hood too right?

1 Like

I have a still air box, but no flow hood.

1 Like

B+ seems to be a really easy strain to grow out from my past experiences anyway. I had really good luck with some LC I made it’s a good little producer and gives up some rather large second flush fruits no doubt!

1 Like

I cant wait till @First and @havingfun365 do their first clone run. You folks make me wanna grow mushies again so bad.

2 Likes

yea. i took a $10 clear tote from walmart, and turned it on its side, the lid facing me. cut out a rectangle from the bottom portion slide stuff in and out. Used the red paste gasket stuff to seal all the way around lid, inside and out around the lid edge, and let it sit and dry. got a 4 inch duct fan for like a grow tent and a reusable HEPA filter on Amazon. i put the filter in the cirner, think itd do better near the center https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LXONLKE?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

And behind a breaker wall. With a flow hood its not just about the filter. Laminar Flow is what the hood provides. Its about the speed, and the smoothness of the flow of purified air across the work area.

With the flow you can then use technique and positioning to “guarantee” that nothing is blown in by the air or off the surface of tools, etc and into the experiment.

It works, well so far…nothing wrong with that. Im just being specific… and a bit of a know-it-all

this one seems to do well, i held a lighter up all around the edge of the rectangle, made sure the air was able to blow it out, but i get what you’re saying.

1 Like

It does that my friend, it does that!

my favorite one so far lol looks so even

3 Likes

Mine too! Its special in that it only shows two quadrants. 1 and 2.

When isolating strains you are looking for a plate that has but 1 quadrant. This is a monoculture. Normaly you would start with MS, Grow a tray, then clone from those fruits a few diff options. Take one for size take one for multiples (many shrooms from a single cluster) and if you can, for potency. (Hard work that last one). From that clone you will likely get a plate that looks like the 1st one I drew a diagram for (4 or more quads). You would think that a clone would give you a mono but it doesnt often work that way. From there you would do transfers just as before until you get one like this.

The difference between this process and what you have done is that you didnt get to hand pick your fruit. You did get to choose from some very stout material though, which I believe will give you a great spawn run. Giving you awesome selection for a clone. To do more of this. My fave part is infront of the flowhood, if you cant tell.

2 Likes

I’m looking at buying a martha tent, setup a whole room for a mushroom tent and a weed tent lol paying rent for a room im not staying in, might as well grow it up! :rofl:

3 Likes

I use one too.

3 Likes

Just for fun

3 Likes

did you buy the individual pieces, or did you get a kit from like Midwest grow kits or Northspore?

The tent? I just got it off Amazon.

I ordered from Midwest Grow Kits when I first started growing shrooms. I buy individual pieces now. I stopped ordering stuff from Midwest because I had so many contamination problems with their substrates.

yea, i havent been very impressed with Midwest for substrates. i just ordered a grow bag, and the grain jar they sent doesnt seem to be growing the mycelium. the patch of breathing cloth over one hole dried it out during transport i think.

1 Like

Its easy and cheap to build one. Alot cheaper then 199 bucks northspore wants for one. You can build a serious humidifier with a 5 gallon bucket, a ultrasonic pond fogger, a fishtank air pump w/stone , a computer fan w adjustable speed and some pvc pipe.

1 Like

I make my own jars with popcorn. The only prepared substrate I buy is Boomr Bags from North Spore.

1 Like