Psilocybin Adventures

I pulled 3 lonely shrooms from the tubs this morning. Hardly worth firing up the dehydrator. I’ve soaked the cakes for a second flush and will drain them in 24 to 36 hours. There was some contamination present on the cakes so I put 2-3 ml of peroxide in the soak.

2 Likes

Had to throw out one of the cakes due to contamination. Seem best to up the spawn to bulk ratio going forward so that the cakes are fully colonized and have a better immune system.

The yellow stuff is micellium excrement and is fine. The blue/green stuff at the upper right is contamination.

2 Likes

50:50? Or more?

1 Like

Yes sir. I’ll probably go 60/40 next time. It will speed up colonization too.

2 Likes

Got a huge one today

Just waiting for my new jars to finish

5 Likes

Nice work man no doubt what strain is that? And what flush are you pulling that off of? Check out this 2/nd flush mutant!! A. P. E.!!!

2 Likes

Still no answer from mushroom dot com about my order starting to wonder if they will come at all. Being my 3rd cash order from them and this being the first time not hearing anything from them is making me wonder???

2 Likes

Bacterial or fungal?

2 Likes

Fungal. Blue green coloration is trichoderma.

1 Like

Still nothing?

1 Like

A couple of fatties. First shrooms from the 2nd flush.

3 Likes
4 Likes

@MidwestGuy
Second round of this attempt as you know. Northspore offers manure for substrate, this is what I need? The boomr bag?
I am mostly certain this what I needed from last time, I’m verifying. I’m trying to be successful the second time. lol.
Thanks for being patient.

2 Likes

Glad you are facing the challenge and hope you do well. I use Boomr Bags. They do have pasteurized manure in the Boomr Bags. Be sure to have at least a 50/50 spawn to bulk ratio.

3 Likes

So I am the type of person that learns by doing. And I have heard of doing break and shake of your jars. Well I seem to remember @MidwestGuy saying that he rarely gets contamination but the times he did it was from shaking the jar. So after reading that I have been cautious about shaking my jar. Well I wanted to see what happened. This jar was growing pretty slow so I decided to give it a shake and I may of just got lucky.

This is the back side the other side is done. And it’s growing really well now
This is a Madagascar strain and the mycelium it’s very aggressive. Done in maybe 5 weeks

4 Likes

Second I finally got past the fear lol and took mushrooms over the weekend and had a good ole time lol. Next time I’ll take more I might of took a little over a gram. Was fun and now I’m not so scared to take them . Lol

5 Likes

I always shake my jars or bags. One thing that I have found makes a difference is tapping the jar for about 30 seconds after to re-compact the grains. I found when there were ‘gaps’, the myc isn’t able to jump across and would stall the jar. When you stall the jar, you risk slowing down the growth to the point that possibly could allow contamination.

2 Likes

Yeah still nothing not even so much as an email confirming my cash made it there really bummed out!! This was my 3rd order from them never had any issues on the previous 2 but to not even have them tell me they didn’t receive the cash? That’s just shitty business practices for sure. So to all fellow mushy community members buyer be ware. Mushroom dot com has let me down for sure.

2 Likes

That is a huge shame, who you gonna go with next?

2 Likes

lol. I took my 0.5g microdose this morning and zzziiinnnggg I was off an hour later. No visuals, but definitely a buzz. I think it was because the microdose was a cap and no stems.

3 Likes