Psilocybin Adventures

This will definitely be on the list of things to try. I’m still waiting on mycelium to spread throughout. Baby steps.

4 Likes

I’ve never done cloning, but I’ve done plenty of liquid cultures with spores.

3 Likes

You can make a spore syringe from a spore print with just RO or distilled water basically as well, correct?

Liquid culture involves like a honey mix or similar where the myc starts growing right in it, yes?

2 Likes

Tip: I like to pour my liquid cultures over my bulk spawns when I set them up. It really seems to accelerate the colonization of bulk spawns.

4 Likes

I’ve always used spores in a sterile environment for LCs, and yes, with distilled or RO. It’s helpful to PC your LC jars and let them cool before inoculating them. I use Karo syrup instead of honey. A couple ml of Karo is plenty in a half-pint jars. They grow out pretty quickly.

3 Likes

Another tip I’ve seen a lot, but don’t have experience with…

Don’t “throw away” a contaminated cake or grain bag etc… Find a spot and bury it shallow outside. Often times nature will nurture and you’ll have some little friends start growing.

3 Likes

I throw my completed spawns in my backyard in the garden. I’ve never had a shroom come up, but others’ may have success with it depending on the environment.

3 Likes

I mean, why not, right? A slim chance is still better than none. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sure can it needs to be done in the most sterile of environment and should only be taken from a sample that you deem worthy of a genetic clone from. Let’s say the best looking and most beautiful, healthy looking shroom from your tub.

2 Likes

And it definitely needs to go to agar first to see if your sample is possibly contaminated. A lot of work goes into doing gene sampling, cloning, agar etc. You can’t be too sterile there’s no such thing.

3 Likes

My best b+ liquid culture came from me injecting 10cc’s of sterile water into a quart jar I was about to put to substrate pulling it back and putting that 10cc’s to a half filled pint jar that had been put through a pressure cooker at 15 psi for 30 minutes I also used honey . I’ve made 3 other pint jars from the first one I made and haven’t had a contam yet. No such thing as too sterile ever!!! Trying to work out a better set of agar samples with it now

2 Likes

Forgot to mention Ketchup cups! Hundreds and hundreds of ketchup cups ( Jell-O shot cups ) Just doing agar let alone making Jell-O shots with steeped, powdered shrooms.

2 Likes

Did an experiment I inoculated blue meanies cubensis an b+ into 3 uncle Benny’s rice not the brown rice one 2 I haven’t checked yet but 1 I opened it I had left them alone for more than a month. Right when I opened it up I saw black mold but don’t know in picture whether its mycelium or what they look like small bumps on rice? I am now trying uncle Benny’s brown rice to colonize then putting it in a fruiting chamber if I am successful at it

3 Likes

Still babies but coming along nicely

5 Likes

Better picture

6 Likes

I checked my jars a couple days ago and not much has changed with the three. Should I rehydrate and start the fruiting process?

So I went ahead and took two jars and began rehydrating the cakes. Not sure if was the right time but I gave it a shot. Tomorrow morning I’ll roll them in vermiculite and put them in my fruiting chamber. Hopefully in a few days I’ll have some pins.

1 Like

Where can I order quality spores?

2 Likes

I used mushrooms dot com and had great luck. My first go with them but they seem legit.

2 Likes

I second mushrooms dot com. Their syringes are packed with spores and I’ve never gotten a contaminated syringe from them.

5 Likes