Psilocybin Adventures

nice, I had a few things come up, so im still waiting to order spores, but i will get it done on the 5th. Still trying to decide what kind i want.

2 Likes

I went with B+. Large, fast growers and easy to grow. Golden teacher and Z strain are somewhat similar in terms of ease to grow. I like my B+ psilocybin. It really is easy to grow, though I have thrown out my share of contaminated cakes. It happens unless you are super clean.

2 Likes

Ya the B+ were pretty nice, i am considering growing something from outside the Psilocybe cubensis species. maybe Psilocybe cyanescens.

2 Likes

Let us know how they do for you. I’m always willing to try something new.

1 Like

Still out of dang likes, but I will for sure!!

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy, glad to see you back!!

2 Likes

Whats the difference, can you please educate me? @CoyoteCody

1 Like

I’m still learning about the different types myself.

Here is a basic chart that shows the potency of the different types.

The only one I have found with bad negative side effects are the azurenscens, as they can cause temporary paralysis. I would recommend finding one you want to try and researching what the effects are.

3 Likes

Very cool chart. I would note that the body converts psilocybin to psilocin once ingested, so it all may be even in the wash.

2 Likes

@CoyoteCody Thanks so much. Looking forward to that thread and learning together

No problem, another thing to keep in mind is that not all of these grow the same way either, some like wood, some like composted manure, and some like rotting grass. There is a lot of research to do with just one kind, but once you start other ones it could be totally different to grow.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be doing a lot of more research.

1 Like

Second flush of 2 cakes. I just fruited the cakes and got disappointing yield (I’m a noob shroomer.) I got enough off it for 8 microdoses.

I didn’t do this 2nd flush by the book, so I’m not sure how it will go, but I’m seeing new mycelium form as of this morning, so I am hopeful.

7 Likes

I’ve had that happen on a run I did. I flushed it and waited. Eventually one of the biggest mushrooms I ever grew popped up. Just the single one. It was pretty cool. Super fat stem and a big cap. Got a print off it but lost it. Only time will tell.
God Speed

2 Likes

Michael Pollan addressing a crowd after releasing his book “How to Change Your Mind.” Good stuff. Pollan is one of my favorites. Stamets and particularly Dennis McKenna are a bit pompous and too hard to listen to for my taste. Roland Griffiths is another humble gentlemen to read or listen to on the topic.

Pollan’s book is fabulous.

5 Likes

If you happen to be interested in research results on psilocybin, then this is well worth the watch. Roland Griffiths is a psychiatrist/neurologist that participated in the research studies at Johns Hopkins University. He presents very good data on both the benefits and risks of psilocybin use for smoking cessation, anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc…

Spoiler: psilocybin is not for those with red/green colorblindness or problems with psychosis, or those using SSRIs or SSNIs. Results with depression, addiction, and PTSD among healthy individual individuals were profound.

I am a depression sufferer and I have personally experienced complete remission of depression after 8 microdosing sessions (0.5 to 1 gram.) I am definitely a fan of psilocybin and intend to continue to follow the Fadiman protocol.

Roland is my second favorite researcher.

6 Likes

Starting to see cubensis pins on my second flush. It’s been a long time coming. I fruited a BRF/verm cake with good results and then mixed it up in a new medium for the second flush. It took an additional ~10 days to get these pins. They look happy. I have 5 more pint jars of cakes filling out right now and am going to crush those up and put them in a manure medium for a (hopefully) big first flush. I got grain spawn bags for my next go at it and those will go in a manure medium too.

8 Likes

Very nice!!

5 Likes

@MidwestGuy Nice!

2 Likes

They look great! I only did BRF cakes once with minimal results. I used to do quart sized mason jars and crumbled them into a small monotub. It’s definitely fun to try and experiment with different teks to see what works for you. Here’s kinda of a cool vid to check out. It’s not cubensis related, however it’s really neat to check out a large scale grow and this guy really nailed it.

Cheers!

3 Likes