Psilocybin Adventures

Lmao, it is a blast of a hobby!:rocket::rocket:

1 Like

Years ago we had some friends tell us about the slime you scrape off this toad and it was a psychedelic. Of course at the time we thought they had gotten into too much peyote as they also talked about licking some amazonian catfish. I much prefer trying natural remedies first and also looking deeper into the causation rather than just treating the symptoms. I am working on having a living library of herbs. Now that the greenhouse is finished many of them I want to plant from seed I can do in there. I am just amazed at how a cup of lemon balm tea is like ambien. We see the healing power of cannabis, foxglove, probably untold numbers of mushrooms, etc. but I think we all know the reason none of this is mainstream, and that is Big Pharma. In addition, I think more and more people need to be taught how to grow their own food. I love those big community gardens that are taking over empty city lots and the UK with their allotment gardens is such a brilliant idea. I have been watching tons of videos on YouTube about people who are living sustainably and permaculture. I wish we were brave enough to buy an earthship in Taos. Right now a lot hinges on whether or not we can get our micro producers license to grow recreational cannabis. The license and it’s requirements will be ready in Septemeber and no one really knows how it is going to read. They really, really want people like us to grow, mom and pop, to give New Mexicans a leg up, and to tamp down on mega corps who tend to sweep in and overtake the market. So, if that is the case, then they are going to have to let the small micro business growers grow in a residential area.

@MidwestGuy “Until fruiting is complete.” You’re funny! :rofl:

@BoilerGuy thank you for the call out. I think I am good case of what my mother would have said, “well since you were not a good role model you made an excellent bad example didn’t you?,” numerous times in my life.

@Covertgrower My cake experience was not great because I birthed it too soon. However, I did get a total of 46 wet grams and it was sufficient enough for me to have quite a fun time on 20 grams wet and my husband to have his experience on the other 26 grams. And the mushrooms were gorgeous.

Okay peanut gallery, we did not do a trip last night. We have been just killing ourselves getting the yard and greenhouse going. We didn’t come into the house last night to eat until after 9:30 so it was simply too late to even consider a trip. I think we would have went to sleep and woke up thinking ‘what were those dreams about?’ Goal today is to have the trip. We have one final pine tree to execute and a shuffle of three trees to replace it. A shell game of sorts, move a cottonwood the pines position, move an elm to the cottonwoods position, and plant the new globe willow in the elms position. Wolf has had hell getting this concept but I told him, “no worries mate, just start digging up the pine and I will tell you which step we move to next. You can just stay on the need to know basis.” This did not go over well with a master dom as you can imagine. :sunglasses:

Our morning is weird. We had a day of 103 heat, then a day of 100, yesterday upper 90s. This morning is cold and misting. But we will take it! Monsoon is not far off now.

Hugs to you all! I feel you are my fellow psychonauts and someday this karma will pay off for us all as we pass it forward!

I have a whole mess of plants that need shuffling around. Good ol Garcia keeps watch. And @shady424 that plant to the right of the gnome is a shiso. It is a Japanese basil type plant. Sort of like basil and anise and mint mixed. It is really nice but I haven’t cooked much and just toss it in salads. I know you do a lot of exotic cooking. It was a Chef’s Jeff brand you see at Walmart or Lowes in garden dept.

4 Likes

At this point I would be ok with that. It’ll be a good baseline. Just like the first grow! :sunglasses: oh wait… :joy:

1 Like

This is why I highly recommend Thai Lipa Yai strain, against all odds and all my constant mistakes, and early birthing, and setting this thing in a Martha Tent with seedlings, it still managed to produce. I put the discarded cakes in against a wet, cool area of landscaping and it survived -9 deg temps and made a mushroom outside. I am sure you will have great success if I could manage what I did with this little strain that can do. It made for some gorgeous visuals.

5 Likes

Beautiful!!

1 Like

Oh ya baby! I feel very confident about this monotub! I think it turned out very nice!

Only question as I’m still a bit confused on this next step…
Does my tub need light at this point?
I’m under the impression that now I need to tuck it away in incubation to further allow colonization and THEN expose it to light.
Can anyone help with my confusion?

3 Likes

Instructions per my Gorilla FAME tub: “Make sure that you unplug your light and that no other light source can get to the system, as your colonizing mycelium needs total darkness to grow. Plus, you do not want the colony to start prematurely pinning which is initiated by light.” Looking back, I initiated pinning too early. I lifted both of the tubs and the underneath has an inner oval circle of substrate not colonized. I think I will clean them off soon and maybe a mini soak? I don’t want to lift out the big substrate cake and half of it fall off as the mycelium hasn’t reach it. So I have to decide whether to soak it in situ and try and drain off or just pluck off all I can see of aborts and premordials and put it back in the dark.

I now know something new, I should have lifted the tubs before introducing light to make sure it was all colonized. And the Psilocybin Bible book just doesn’t really cover substrates in detail and what they say about lighting is that artificial light is simply not needed, but they don’t tell me ‘when’ to actually introduce the light. They make a tub, wrap it in a trash bag, and leave an open end with filtered air holes and put it in a cubbord. But I am like, WHEN do you take it out? Do you let it fruit IN the cubbord? Do you ever take the trash bag off? Or is the light just going to come in from the side? This is the sort of stuff I am finding all over. Bits and pieces but no one comprehensive guide.

1 Like

The toad is the venom of the desert Sonoran toad you milk the venom let it dry then smoke it supposed to b intense like pure dmt. Watch that Hamilton’s pharmacopeia it’s amazing he gets into every type of psychedelic their is.

2 Likes

Each strain colonizes a little faster or slower also like my PE strain is a slow colonizer I still have a jar that’s been going for a month and almost a solid block I’ve had others done in three weeks but after fully colonized you want to give it another week basically

2 Likes

No light I’d wrap in Saran Wrap and put up somewhere dark and clean for the next two weeks. Don’t even open it just forget about it for at least two weeks I know it will hard but every time you open to check it’s progress your letting in the possibility for contamination so set it and forget it.so right now it’s basica Doing the same thing it was doing to your grain it’s recolonizing but into your substrate to make what they call a cake. It should come out like a solid block of mycellium if everything goes right.

3 Likes

Great advice!

3 Likes

Pcing some popcorn now after cooking it off going to inject some Lucy’s tomorrow and I think the albino PE I’m going to do in a liquid culture

1 Like

After I wrap my tub with Saran Wrap I put it inside a black tote and put it up somewhere clean. Most important honestly is not checking on it

1 Like
1 Like

6/13/21–:heavy_check_mark: ROLLED AND INSIDE THE TERRARIUM :heavy_check_mark:
I’ve got one more 1/2 pint that will be a couple days late as it just simply hasn’t fully colonized yet. As with a larger BRF cake thats not ready yet either. Here are 5ct 1/2pint BRF cakes that have soaked in tap water for 24hrs then rolled in a bag of vermiculite and placed inside the container. Misted down everything and will leave out on a countertop so it receives ambient daytime daylight.
Comments questions concerns… love you people! :heart:

4 Likes

Looking good. I use a small t5 grow light for mine on for 12 off for 12 any light will do though as they do not grow by photosynthesis they simply need the light to know what direction to grow in.

2 Likes

The morning microdose. 0.5g Z-strain, lion’s mane, and vitamin B-6.

4 Likes

Put together another tub of the PE I :thinking: it is anyhow I forgot to label this one but almost positive and innoculated three jars of Lucy’s took the tent apart for the girls and reset that back up to run more efficiently and cooked a kickass cannabis pork carnitas with a grilled corn salsa and let me tell you these things you can push down the street in a cart and sell out in 30 seconds. You almost moan in a foodgasm from em I forgot to post the whole recipe and pics on the other page but that was due to my taste testing the whole time probably lol.

4 Likes

A little experiment for today. The Corumba tub had quit producing and looking at bottom a huge area not colonized. So, I took it and scraped off the casing, which I am learning is not needed. Soaked it in water a few hours, not 12 since I didn’t want substrate to fall apart. I took chunks that broke off and the casing and am soaking it in water with wood chips, and this will go to an area of the lawn that stays damp, cool and has grass cover.

Got a haul this morning with Thai Lipa/Burma. If this works well to kick start the Corumba back in the tub, I may do this with them.

We both did a 5 gram trip Saturday evening. We had a thunderstorm blow through and we were totally blocked from the wind on the patio back in one corner to watch it. The trip had really started well when it kicked it. It was amazing. But tripping with my husband is like tripping with a four year old. Lol

2 Likes

I went ahead and deconstructed the Thai Lipa/Burma box. There was touch of green on top in one spot that I had sprayed with H2O2 and it spread. So scraped it off, soaking chunks of it now, as much not totally colonized. Scraped pieces and some chunk went into the soaking tub. I am going to put all that mess in an old pillow case and let it hang dry, then inoculate three different areas in the yard. Hope the stuff I salvaged will go ahead and colonize. Will put them in dark for awhile, and get another grow but no worries, as I have two syringes arriving any day now.

Oh, and @shady424 , I think when they fruit you will know the Lucies, from what I remembered reading about them, they really stood out.

3 Likes