Psilocybin Adventures

Everything I’ve read the spores dropping will just make a mess although potentcy is at its highest right when the veil is ripping away from the cap so not fully closed but not all the way open either. On some other good news I quit vaping finally with the help of a small trip on Friday I’ve been nicotine free so happy

3 Likes

@MidwestGuy

This makes sense to me. And I have done jus this, but I see these huge mushrooms online and wonder should I wait. I think cakes are one thing, but substrate gets mucky with spores is what I had read.

“The easiest way to tell when a mushroom is getting ready to open is to pay close attention to the partial veil, the thin protective membrane that covers the gills. Initially, the cap is completely inrolled (looking much like those old-fashioned globe-on-a-pole streetlamps), and the partial veil is hidden. As the cap starts to expand, the veil emerges as a circular, light­ colored band around the bottom hemisphere of the cap. (Please see the visual reference for this stage in the color section, page 64’)
Once the cap begins to flatten out, the partial veil gets stretched beyond its ability to expand and begins to tear, pulling a�y from the outer edges of the gills. Eventually, the partial veil detaches fro’m the cap entire­ ly and its remnants remain attached to the stipe in a skirt-like ring, known as an annulus. (Again, see the color section, page 63.)
Ideally, you want to pick your mushrooms as soon as the partial veil is visible, or at the latest, by the time the veil begins to break.”

This came from a really good e book that is free.

http://permabox.ressources-permaculture.fr/3-PRODUCTION---SAVOIR-FAIRE-ET-TECHNIQUES/CULTIVER/CHAMPIGNONS/English-docs/Psilocybin.mushroom.handbook.-.Easy.indoor.and.outdoor.cultivation.223.p.pdf

3 Likes

@shady424 congrats on your smoking cessation efforts! I find I am smoking way less cannabis after a trip and when I microdose. Never smoked in my life until last Fall when the Pax broke and I started rolling joints and found I much prefer them to the Pax. I am tempted to do a big trip today as Wolf is away for the week.

2 Likes

6/9/21-- IT’S TIME :heavy_check_mark:

6 Likes

Very nice! I am wondering if it is time to soak my substrate? I am down to a mushroom or two a day on both boxes.

Git my Lucy and albino PE in today they sent me a free Nepal too the Lucy’s look packed think I’m going to make a liquid culture with some of them. I need something to grow out soon need to dose badly. I hope this koi cake starts doing something

2 Likes

Ordered a boomr bag too for my last jar I have I’m thinking about transferring it right to the bag and resealing the bag I have a sealer I wonder if that would cut down on any contamination

If mixing a jar and a bag, I would put the mix in a bulk tub, but that’s just my opinion.

Those BoomR substrate bags have an injection port so you should be just fine. I would pasteurize though at 175 for 20-30 minutes. I have had hell with contaminated spawn bags so went ahead and cooked my substrate. Now I know probably too hot and too long at 250 but it works. Next level ‘shit’ will be making my own substrate. It is ridiculously easy and the Psilocybin Bible has the recipe. Pretty basic, very dried out cow or horse manure, earth worm castings, crumbled sheetrock. Coffee grounds if you want. But really, they advise just very minimal and basic. Then again, for $25 you can just get the whole lot set up for ya. Lol

So anyone ever make a liquid culture with potatoe water and corn syrup wondering the difference than just the corn syrup

How do we pasteurize/sterilize a Boomr Bag?
Although I understand it’s supposed to be a ready to use sterile and at field capacity bag of substrate but my gut still tells me I should somehow sterilize the bag…

I plan to introduce my colonized popcorn jars to a Boomr bag or two very soon… However schedule kinda sucks as I’ll be unable to attend to the SGFC and monotub in a couple weeks. It’ll be a 3 day away from them… but I’ve got these jars that need to be birthed and transferred to substrate.

Is this a deal breaker?
Should I wait to birth and transfer? Jars in the fridge?
Or should I do this tomorrow and get it going on!
Again… in a couple weeks from now there will be a 3 day away from the fungi. :heart:

I use Karo syrup for my liquid cultures.

I’ve been through 4 Boomr bags without pasteurizing and haven’t had any problems.

1 Like

I’ve let my jars sit for a few weeks past full colonization without any issues.

1 Like

Thanks @MidwestGuy however not left in the jars. I’m talking about left in the SGFC.
You see… I’m hoping to send everything to fruit (tonight) as everything I inoculated has successfully colonized.
So with that being said I’ve got 2 weeks I can keep a very close eye on things… but after the 2 weeks there will be a 3 day grace period that I’m unable to tend to the fungi… (mostly concerned about my monotub.) If the BRF cakes dont make it I’m not out as much as the bulk substrate…

Wife is getting the popcorn I’ll be cooking off this weekend and making my first attempt at a liquid culture can’t wait to get some jars going

1 Like

What do you do 4% corn syrup

I don’t know about percentages. I add a 1/2 teaspoon of Karo to a half-pint jar filled 3/4 of the way with RO water.

Don’t forget to sterilize the LC before you innoculate. Be sure to cover the jars good when you PC or the solution will boil out of the jar.

Ok. Just wondering I watched this one video on potatoe water and small amount of corn syrup then the ones in just corn syrup is saying to make sure the solution has a 4 percent sugar to water so really 100grams water to 4 grams of corn syrup just trying to see what’s worked for people

@shady424 @MidwestGuy

I put mine in those foil casserole pans with the foil lids. The psilocybin bible says put substrate in old pillow case and put in a 176 deg F water bath for an hour, then hang dry to field capacity.

Okay, I am thinking the white stuff is just that they are breaking down and I should have plucked them. This evening I will asceptically clean it off, hope most of casing goes, as I shouldn’t have used that, soak it overnight, then see how it does.

This weekend, and maybe tonight we both plan on doing 5 gram trip.

1 Like