Crunchy/Savory Medicated Snack

Hey ILGM peeps,

I’ve been wanting to do a savory snack instead of sweet for a change as I’m bored with my peanut butter cookies. The question was what can I make savory with enough butter or oil in the recipe to make usable for medicating but will also keep for a bit? Then it hit me…Nuts and Bolts! My mom used to make this version of a home made chex mix at holidays and it was always a hit. It calls for a full stick of butter so it’s a winner and it tastes awesome. Here it is…

1 1/2 cups kix cereal
1 cup cheerios
1 cup rice chex
1 cup corn chex
2 cups cheese crackers
2 cups pretzel sticks
1 lb. peanuts or mixed nuts
1/2 cup canna-butter (1 stick)
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp celery salt

You can swap things out you don’t like. I’m not a fan of kix so I increase the other 3 cereals by 1/2 cup each.

Mix the first seven ingredients together

Melt your canna-butter and add the worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and celery salt. I add more of the last three items to my butter as I like a stronger flavor.

Stir it well and pour over the dry ingredients and mix it thoroughly but gently so you don’t crush the cereal.

Pour mixture onto 2 baking dishes and place in a 250 degree preheated oven for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.

Once completely cool transfer to air tight container or bag and enjoy. Normally this is 20 servings (probably about a cup size but not positive)

14 Likes

How’s the taste? I love homeade Ch€x Mix. Although I’ve never made canna butter

@Jmesser80 Just had a bowl (pun intended) and it’s yummy. We’ll see how I feel in an hour or so as that’s how long it takes for me to feel it usually. I’m not big on the taste of cannabis that sometimes comes through but since there are nuts and with the earthiness of the worcestershire sauce you don’t notice it. Canna-butter is super easy. If you search canna butter or oil on here there are several threads on how to. But hit me up if you have questions on it.

2 Likes

That is such a GREAT idea, @AnneBonny!

I want to make this! I’m going camping for a few nights next week, and a big tub of this would be amazing!

Question, does it leave your hands greasy? I only ask because I make brownies and rice Crispies with canna-coconut oil and they leave a green, fragrant residue behind, which isn’t very discreet :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I’ll have to give it a shot one of these times.
Thanks for the recipe

1 Like

Not really @Sl1 I would say no more than when you eat chips or popcorn. Taking it camping is a great idea!

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll try to get to making butter, I’ve got dry leaves and some trim to use up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Bookmarked! Thank you @AnneBonny!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like