Crow clawed fan leaves

Hi all…me again…:joy::see_no_evil:…now after realising my school boy error about my hot pot I have a question about the very clawed fan leaves…are they still doing there job or shall I remove them? Thanks again

1 Like

That happened to me when I over fed mine. I also see some burnt tips, so that is another sign of over-feeding nutrients.

2 Likes

Nice plant ! definitely got some droop. How often are you watering and how much.

1 Like

Giving her a litre of pure water every couple of days now…only realised about my hot pot last week so iv stopped feeding her nutrients and only water this week…she’s nearly done I would say but can’t seem to see anywhere if crows clawed fan leaves still photosynthesis…they are very dry and paper like! Thanks!

1 Like

At this point you should be trying to eliminate most if not all of the N in the NPK

2 Likes

Check the weight of the pot, I got two plants right now within 10 days of finishing up their sucking up about a gallon an a half of water every two days now. If I go three days the Leafs will be drooping straight down. Just my thoughts good luck, litre might not be enough.

2 Likes

Looks thirsty to me. They use a lot more water when flowering, compared to veg.

2 Likes

Also as the plants use more water and stronger light the VPD can be off quite easily, make sure to look up the VPD chart online and see if your environment falls in the green zone.

4 Likes

Yeah I cut her nitrogen as soon as I realised, think she’s slight under watered too so I’ll add more on the next one…as I explained in other posts…she didn’t have the greatest starts in life…and with the issues she’s had I’m quite happy her flowers look glistening and smell amazing…all lessons learned for the next one!! Thanks all!

4 Likes

@finneganblue did you keep your fan leaves on until the end or let them yellow off themselves? Cheers!

Do you have a fan blowing Directly on that plant? Kinda looks like wind damage I had once.

2 Likes

I have 2 USB fans in there…but there is 2 plants and they are not directly on the girls…though it is a small space so maybe 2 fans is too much…think it is mainly down to nutrient burn from the hot pot and the tin foil hot spots…iv just had new reflective sheets come today to replace the foil and I’ll know for next time about my soil…iv ordered the biobizz soil and nutrients for my next grow…waiting for her to finish up so I can germinate another seed…royal gorilla auto next! :sunglasses::maple_leaf::fire::dash::joy:

1 Like