Crockpot decarb?

Can I put raw flower and water in a crockpot to decarb it or will it just be swamp water? I mean, with other plants, I’ve been able to let the boiled crockpot get room temp, put it in the fridge, and just scoop the top layer of essential oil off the top of the water. Can I do that with my flower?

I want to make edibles, but I’m a lil worried about cooking a medicine in my family oven/home, since nobody else partakes and they shouldn’t have to run from it in their own home.

I’m looking for a good toaster oven, but I already have a crockpot. Would that work or do u think I’d have to seal-a-meal flower first and at that rate just use the stovetop to french boil it?

2 Likes

Do you happen to have an instant pot? Very simple to use and only smells when you release pressure at the end, which doesn’t linger in my experience.

1 Like

Decarbing flower in the oven is simple and very little odor. 220-240 for 20-30 minutes and it’s ready :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

If smell is an issue decarb in mason jars. We just need temp 230. I do it all the time. 15 minutes…open and release gassing. Shake it up. Put it back. 15 more minutes. Color will change. Can do 45 if feel better result but no more. Temps over 245 or so bad.

We use an Instant Pot.
It does a great job and zero smell. Well at least to me.
1 hour with weed mixed with coconut oil in mason jars. Strain the oil and use in whatever you wish.
It runs at a constant 240. Its just a pressure cooker with an electronic timer. Traditional ovens even if set to 240 or whatever, will cycle up and down as the thermostat clicks on and off. They do a good job, but I get very consistent results from the instant pot and I can cook dinner when not decarbing. Its a great little appliance.

2 Likes

Thanks for the Insta pot suggestion. Ima look up some vids for that rn. Wally got those in stock 365 everyday.

So what happens if u use a crockpot and water to separate water and plant from essential oil? Would that work? Still curious

Guess you could even use an air fryer.