Critics & Cheerleaders Needed

Oh, and a good investment is a cheap pack of 1ml syringes.,

This is not the case, sorry. There is simply nothing in distilled water to move the PH of another medium that is full of solids. It is the dissolved elements in water that hold the PH. You’ve seen it yourself when you PH distilled water it takes a couple of drops in 5 gallons. Add nutrients to that and now you are PH’ing with a tablespoon. @Majiktoker backed me up on this just a minute ago on the other forum.

5 Likes

Science is amazing.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right, @Myfriendis410. You’re talking about the distilled water not having any buffering to help keep the Ph stable.

2 Likes

So if I flush with ro I should what? Add salt first?

Not trying to be argumentative, but what would the difference be - scientifically - watering with 6.5 water and 7.0 water?

1 Like

No no no. I’m not splaining it well lol.

If you took a quart of PH6.5 tap water with a TDS of 350 and mixed it 50/50 with distilled water you will get 2 quarts of PH6.5 water. There’s nothing in the distilled water to affect the PH of the other solution. In other words: pure water has no PH.

2 Likes

Ok guys my question was with using the promix hp do i use the teas as i normally do with a soil grow?

So if my pH of my promix is 5.8. Flushing with RO pH 7 become promix pH 5.8 still?

1 Like

Yes.

@Laurap: Promix being a media you will be providing it with a “tea” of whatever you want to feed it. Essentially at every watering. Once they fill into their forever home you will be watering/feeding daily.

1 Like

So add 150ppm cal mag to RO for flush to maintain pH

Any time you add anything to R/O or distilled it will have to be PH’d.

1 Like

I add the 5ml/gallon to RO water now regardless, and treat that as “tap”.

Makes sense. In chem we were taught 8oz RO plus drops of acid is 8oz acid. Why I didn’t apply that lesson her idk. Probably to lifted. Flushing with RO makes sense to get ppm down though. But to up pH you need salt to stabilize pH. Fuck im old. This would have been standard shit for my 20yo self.

1 Like

Daily? Im used to watering every other day. I do a feed feed tea followed by feed feed h20. Keep same schedule? Getting ready to transplant at least 2 into promix monday. The 2 have 3-4 sets of leaves so thinking i can feed first time after transplant.

2 Likes

You might be every other day. Depends on the plant size and pot size. I found Promix HP to be more airy than coco. Retained less water.

1 Like

@Laurap - you see my point. It is getting confusing and you have done nothing yet LOL. My choice for soil was based on this. Most nutes you buy will come with schedules, so pick something that has a coco schedule if you can find it. For me, I water maybe twice a week, nutes once a week.

1 Like

This is my first promix grow, too. I’ve gotten so many different answers from treat it like soil to treat it like coco. I’m using Promix BX mixed with 15% perlite.

For feed & watering frequency, I have been treating it like soil: water when it’s dry about 2 inches down & feeding once a week, making it a water/water/feed set-up, for the most part.

For pH, I started out using 6.0-6.2; I quickly found that the plants did not like that. I have had success using a pH between 6.4-6.5, no lockouts or other issues at all.

Again, my first time using promix, too. You’re gonna rock this, @Laurap.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, you’ll get it. But you are going to need nutes. So if you have some already try and find a feeding schedule to follow.

If you DON"T already have nutes, try to find something with a reputable name that has a set schedule to follow. You always adjust the schedule based on your plant and what you see - but it gives you a baseline to work from.

@blackthumbbetty, @Whodat66, @Myfriendis410, promix, easypeasy

7 Likes