Critics & Cheerleaders Needed

Top is crystal
2nd pic is gorilla glue #4
Lastly the 2 banannas

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands: Rah rah shisk boom bah! :clap::clap::clap::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::fireworks::fireworks:

(felt like being a cheerleader, today)

2 Likes

Careful! Those styro-cups don’t look like they have a lot of drainage. Don’t go drowning them!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

But it should be fine as long as you can keep from watering them before they have more leaves :slight_smile:

When that second set of leaves that is popping opens up, you should be ready for transplant and h2o

1 Like

Was going to transplant the two on tuesday. By then my 2 bananna kush should at least be in styros. There are holes on sides & bottom for drainage but only misting them now.

1 Like

I had a different set-up with the clear solo-cups, so I could see the roots, but yours are about at the stage mine were before I transplanted.

Prior to that I had only added about 10ml of water around the edge of the cup. We are almost exactly at the same point in growth.

When I transplanted, I just ph’d some water and sprayed the soil in the hole I was putting the roots in.

They are getting their first real watering (about 250ml) tomorrow.

6 Likes

Those are just 3 gallon pots because I’m trying to keep them from getting too big.

1 Like

What strain are the pretty girls?

Something to consider: PH’ing the small amount of water at this point is such a PITA that I found the easiest thing for me is simply water them with either R/O or distilled water. There aren’t any solids to drive the PH so it assumes whatever the native soil PH is and Presto! no more prepping water daily.

5 Likes

Grandbaby purple :wink:

1 Like

Using distilled h20 now. Wanted to ask do i do anything different with teas?

OK, waiting to be corrected, and that is OK. Distilled water has no ppm - but it also has a high (7.0) neutral pH. If you use this practice, you may lock out nutes that require that 6.5 pH to be absorbed.

Get a good pH pen and it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

Actually, in soil based medium just about everything is still mobile around 7. I think the bigger part would be that a lot of plants that size still have their cots, and being a little off on ph at that point isn’t going to really change much.

It’s just a hassle adjusting a small amount of water is all. I use to do more than is needed and just dump what o didn’t use out for same reason. But would be lying if I didn’t admit to being lazy sometimes. But if you don’t mind taking the time to do it there’s nothing wrong with that either.

3 Likes

PH sux i battle it in every thing i do.My pool water , my garden out back ,my greenhouse and now my garden up stairs . i cant say how many tomato plants i have killed w/ 8. PH garden hose water . (did’nt know).With that said i still look for short cuts I.E. automation ,for my pool for my greenhouse and gardens, using timers, salt chlorine generators, auto pool vacs so on and so on. The battle is on. This is what make it fun tho.

Happy grown yall jimmie

2 Likes

I dig what you are saying, but I do think it can help young plants if the pH is spot on - less stress.

This is also why I chose to give my seedlings their first feeding today, since I already had water pH’d.

The second set of true leaves not quite fully open, and might have waited until tomorrow - but I had the water and the gear out anyway.

1 Like

I mean, seriously… How much did you spend on that pH meter? That you don’t want to waste the time using? Sorry - does not compute, no matter the PITA it might be.

The distilled or R/O will adopt the native PH of whatever substrate you put it in. Remember that “7” is an arbitrary number and really means “0”. This is why you can’t use distilled for a calibration solution. You could get a reading of 10 and put it in your 6.5 soil and it will instantly adopt that value. This is the safest and easiest way to water seedlings and small plants, assuming they are in a good medium.

4 Likes

You say ‘adopt’, but it will actually ‘aclimatize’ to what is there. Fox Farms soil has a guaranteed adjusted pH straight out of the bag, within the 6.4-6.6 range.

Assuming that it is perfectly 6.5, adding 7.0 water can\not just become 6.5. They will adjust to 6.6, or 6.7, and continue to adjust toward the 7,0 you are adding.

You are controlling the pH for a reason - control it or don’t bother checking in my opinion.

Depends on whether you’re actually talking about potential hydrogen or whether your solution is an acid or base. They don’t always exactly mean the same thing.

3 Likes

I just mean - simply - that MJ plants in soil prefer 6.5. If you have the ability to provide that, why would you choose otherwise?

1 Like