Critics & Cheerleaders Needed

Its been 30 hours so far since i dropped the bananna again. Still nothing! Should i toss them & start again? @Myfriendis410

I wouldn’t toss them just in case, but I would start a new set if you are itching to get growing. Just be careful that you don’t end up with more plants than you have room for :slight_smile:

Actually, if they are ILGM seeds, ditch them and email customer service. You don’t have to get replacements until you know how many don’t pop, but you’ll get the non-poppers replaced.

2 Likes

I like @Whodat66’s response. Not sure if your seeds are viable but it won’t hurt to keep em soaking for a few days. …

1 Like

This is my dilemna. Ive only gor room for 4 plants. The 2 that popped are already in solo cups. But im with yall…Dint think seeds are viable so gonna contact suppport & get replacements. Thanks guys!!

2 Likes

Best move. Glad they are replaceable!

1 Like

Got home & the 2 were still floating. So contacted support. Had 2 bananna kush left so i dropped them tonight. This may actually be to my advantage. Im growing a sativa (g glue#4) which takes longer to flower from what ive read. Never grown one all my grows have been indica dominant.
Hey i went to seed store & there is a vip area. Says i dont have enough points. Anybody know what exactly one has to do to earn points?

I believe it’s like a regular rewards setup where everything you buy adds points you can use towards future purchases.

2 Likes

Thanks. Havent been to site for couple months & couldnt find any info on seed site & or forum. Thanks!!

1 Like

Update on Bananna Kush
Wow, @Myfriendis410, the hydrogen peroxide definitely works! I dropped 2 more bananna kush friday nite & by sat nite upon returning home from work we had tails!!! They’re now in pods waiting to sprout. Doing a happy dance !! Yippee

6 Likes

You can see in tis one that as soon as I put the seed in the rooting-pod, I put in right into dry-ish soil. The clear cup has 4 slices up the sides and holes in the bottom. The colored ones have no bottom and just keep the light out. I misted the inside of the colored cup occasionally and it kept a nice ‘humidity’ visible in the clear cup.

After a few days when they got taller I added some dry peat to top off the cup and use to prop the seedlings in the right direction if they started leaning.

The clear cup lets you see when it’s ready to transplant without guessing

2 Likes

Nice looking. Great start! So there is still hope for me. Trying a soiless grow kinda scared

1 Like

Well, I’m sorry then - once the roots get past the clone-pod I can’t help anymore LOL. Ph is lower, I know that :rofl:

I think the moisture thing at this stage would be similar, but check with a coco-loco to see. I don’t think it ‘hugs’ the roots like soil does.

1 Like

Yeah, once I found peroxide I was in heaven lol. Glad it worked. @Donaldj also mentioned running the seed down an Emory board too.

1 Like

Im using promix hp which @Myfriendis410 zuggested. The ph is the same as soil. However ive been told my yield would increase almost X 2 of my soil grows.

1 Like

Awesome stuff! In a day they were ready!!

1 Like

Ik the crystal & gg #4 look good. Both are starting 3rd set of true leaves. The 1st bananba has sprouted but shes a helmet head trying to keep her shell. I gently tried to lift off seed hull but it wasnt budging. She sprouted last night & by time i get home hopefully the seed hull is off or can be manipulated off & bananna 2 has sprouted. Should i be concerned about bananna 1 & seed hull?

1 Like

Depending on how concerned you are, look at how it is attached. Chances are, it is like a mouth biting the 2 leaves together, or the tip of one leaf. If you have a steady hand, you could gently squeeze the husk together at the seams to make the ‘mouth’ open.

I would wait a day or so before trying though. sometimes a gentle tap on the husk will get it working loose.

In the end, they’re weeds. They don’t have human help in the wild, and they’ll figure it out. Let them grow on their schedule, don’t try to adapt them to yours :wink:

1 Like

I got home & was still attached. I gently pulled onr side off easily. The other side didnt want to come off. I just left it by morning it shouldve falken off or be easier to remove. Taking pics in am. Hope there are 3 peeking out at me.

3 Likes

This is the slowest start ever. Feel loke im being taught a lesson in patience. Im down to one holdout, my last bananna hasnt sprouted yet.pics to follow

1 Like

4 Likes