Critics & Cheerleaders Needed

For me, electricity is not the issue. Cheap here. I have mine on during the day, and usually 7am-7pm just to prevent light accidents, bright lights being seen from outside, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Myfriendis410 and @Whodat66. (Iā€™m up north, where the temps are often cooler, and have solar panels for electricity, so prefer to feed off of those, when I can. But Iā€™m always learning and am willing to try new things.) Sorry for hijacking your thread, @Laurap!

1 Like

Mine is from heat. Its much easier to go 7pm to 1pm, then switch 7 to 7 for flower. Temps get into 100s even in sept.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in a ā€˜sub-mountainousā€™ :slight_smile: region. Humidity stays high but the temps arenā€™t bad.

1 Like

Ok my dumbazz is impatient. I didnt wait for my 2 bananna kush to sprout tails before i put in pods. The crystal & gg#4 both had tails & sprouted. The bananna hasnt so last night i looked into pods. Just seedsā€¦Now im trying to figure out what to do. Do i leave them & will they sprout later or dig out put back into p towel & try for a tail? I Hate when im stupid! Or worst scenario drop 2 more?

1 Like

I put mine in distilled water and peroxide (a teaspoon?) and it seems to give me better yield.

1 Like

You should try the cloning pods like root riot. Much more forgiving. I tossed all my jiffy pellets.

1 Like

Never use again!!!

1 Like

I think the fewest you can buy is 50. But they donā€™t go bad. Itā€™s like peat sponges. When you touch one youā€™ll be sold.

I love rapid rooters. These things are idiot proofā€¦which is why I use them. :grinning:AC_SY400

3 Likes

Can i do that now as it was in h20 then dropped but i didnt wait for tail. i just put in pod. Looking last nite therr wasnt a tap root on either yet and dont want them to die.

3 Likes

Sure; it will help soften the huskā€¦

2 Likes

The jiffy pellets stay hard, no matter how wet you get them. So I think it is the fact that it does not close in around the seed as well that it is hit or miss. Like the difference between poking it in a hole in wet cardboard, or in a damp sponge.

2 Likes

Going to try it tonight when i get home. Keep fingers crossed.

1 Like

When i looked last nite they were at the bottom on pof. I placed them at the top & covered with coir but like you said they drifted down. Gonna go for the gisto & take them out , put back into h20 & Pray!!

1 Like

I did a trial batch of Sour Diesel seeds I had grown here and it took upwards of a week for all of them to sprout (12 out of 15) FYI. Also; be sure to use R/O or distilled because the solids in the water affect the peroxide and render it into water within a fairly short time.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good tidbit to know!

1 Like

Did it. I used distilled h20 and splash of peroxide. There was no softness to the seeds looked just like they did when i put them in the 1st time bit they appear darker in color & dropped immediately. Thanks my friend for your time & kind words!

1 Like

We all rootinā€™ for the tails to pop on those little beans, @Laurap!

2 Likes

Thanks sweetie! Hardly started & already messed up. But cant learn unless i make them. Lol

1 Like