Critics & Cheerleaders Needed

There’s nothing in the water to buffer the pH, so it can be a pain to get it right, but it’s worth it.

4 Likes

Buy one small bottle of ph-down, and twelve gallons of ph-up. I think that is the proper ‘use’ ratio :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup,there’s some confusion there with ph alkalinity. The difference between an acid and base from that standpoint is whether it can give up or accept a hydrogen molecule.

For anyone that has an issue setting ph on ro water, just mix a little something in prior to trying to adjust ph. Even taking your solution up to like 75-100ppm will make it quite a bit easier.

3 Likes

When watering, I mix tap & r/o, to mitigate that problem, myself. When feeding, the nutes help do the same thing.

3 Likes

Fo shizzle! Piece of cake once there’s something of substance in there. Little bit of tap water is as good as anything.

1 Like

Exactly what I do.

When my plants are small I just water using straight R/O and let the PH of the media drive the PH of the water. Works fine.

2 Likes

I found out if I mix a 1/8-1/4 strength foliar nute to the RO water it brings the pH to 6.5 PERFECT!! And no Al SULFATE…

Finally dropped tje girls into pods. Crystal & gorilla glue #4 had tails, bananna didnt but growing hasn’t helped with my patience levels so lets see what happens.

9 Likes
1 Like

Crystal. First to pop

9 Likes

Mmmm, Crystal: I haven’t got it in jars yet. The Girl Scout Cookies is next.

1 Like

SEE! Now you’re doing your part :slight_smile: (if you didn’t get the video reference)

1 Like

@SmoknGranny thought i had tagged you in but my dumb butt cant spell. How you doing Boo?

2 Likes

Last I knew she was taking a little time off to care for Toby, he wasn’t doing very well. If I talk to her I’ll make sure to pass along you were looking for her.

1 Like

I bugged her once, but her reply told me to just let her be. Wish her well.

This is a slow agonizing start. To date the bananna kush hasnt sprouted. Ive got 2 waiting to sprout. Pic of gorilla glue #4

3 Likes

Looks close, didja peek under? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im going to @7 when lights back on.
I became impatient with the 2 bananna. Crystal already had a tap root followed by the gorilla but bananna hadnt ones yet but i threw them into pods at same time as others. Hopefully itll take a lil longer :slight_smile:

This “@7” reminds me that I’ve been meaning to poll people about this. I assume that there are a variety of answers, but why do you run your lights at night, and go dark during the daytime? Is it primarily to consume electricity at lower rates? Take advantage of naturally cooler temps? Safety? Other reasons? I’m curious for my next grow.

1 Like

For all of the reasons you stated. Summer grows in a warm climate are helped by turning the day around. Some municipalities offer lower electrical rates at night too. It could also be your schedule works better with a “non traditional” day cycle.

I grow in an uninsulated garage in SoCal. While I do run my lights during the day it’s sometimes problematic due to heat.

2 Likes