Critics & Cheerleaders Needed

I’ll do that now.

What is your timeframe? If you have the time, absolutely! I would say using a media like Promix or coco would aid in faster growth in veg too, But yes: you absolutely can! 10 oz per plant is 40 oz =2 1/2 pounds.

2 Likes

400 MH & 400 hps. Breakers cant handle more. Would side led bars help & how much would they pull? If i have central air going & window unit in room , dehumidifier or humidifier going it sometimes throws breaker when all start at once. Also have 4 sm fans running in tent.

Ive only used soil. So my yield will increase considerably by using all promix? Im willing to try it. I dont mix anything into it? Would ratio be same as amount needed? Im going to look into it. This would be a soiless medium right so ph will be different, correct?

Both in the same tent?

1 Like

Keep me in the loop. I would love to offer any help that I can. @Laurap

I have been pulling 3/4 pound from almost every plant so far so I can’t think of any reason you shouldent be able to meet that goal.

You gota know that all ya gota do is ask me…lol

1 Like

MH for veg & hps flower. Only 1 fixture.

1 Like

I feel like ive got the mechanics down but due to this last grow maybe not the feel yet. Thanks to all you learned growers for the follow. Optimism for upwards to 2 pounds! No more buying medical. Yippee

1 Like

I’d feel more confident you could get there with a larger light, but give it hell anyway. The 400’s are usually the least efficient of the hid options, so they don’t quite have the par per watt as the bigger lights. But you have the square footage, so hopefully you get some good yielding phenos and can manage the canopy well.

Before going to leds I ran 400 in 3x3 and that was usually good for around 10oz using fresh hortilux bulb every other run.

1 Like

I wanted to go with the 600 but my amps qould tallow it. Would the smalk grow led strips for houseplants help? Either by placing one on each side or both on top with main light. Hopefully we will be moving bu next grow & i can upgrade to either 600 hps or leds.

1 Like

Ya, I would just run with what you have instead of placing temporary band aids. I’m sure it would help a little, but probably not enough to justify the cost.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410, ive looked online @ amazon. There are several promixs some with added products. Which do you use?

1 Like

The last two grows were with Promix HP (High Porosity). PH to soil. I have used coco and Promix and like them both. It’s almost a tossup as to which is better but washed coco is less expensive. If you are in a moist climate I’d consider Promix as it drains more readily than coco IMO.

I start my plants in their media and transplant up throughout. Distilled water for the seedlings until nutes and then PH to around 6.2.

I don’t save my media when I’m done although you can. Final pot size for me was 7 gallon.

1 Like

Ive got alot of humidity during spring, summer & fall. Im going to order the promix HP. What exactly do you mean i would ph like soil? Also what nutes are you using? Ive got the GH trio & nectar of gods.
Im soooo excited to start in a new medium that can get me 10oz per plant! So alot of stupid questions are coming your way. Already Many Thanks!!!

3 Likes

Ordered the promix hp. Im so excited like a school girl!

6 Likes

Im doing my first Promix grow too.

4 Likes

As I am just finishing my last grow for the year; I would love to follow your grow and “hep out” when you need it.

Promix HP should be PH’d to 6.3 to 6.8 like soil. It was suggested by another Promix user to target between 6.0 and 6.2. My GSC-X runoff yesterday was 6.2.

I have grown using GH Flora series, FF trio and this most recent grow was with “Grow More” "Sea Grow, Grow and Bloom. I liked it because it was organic and inexpensive. I’m quite happy with it.

If you won’t be moving em around a bunch I would suggest at least 7 gallon and 10 might be better. All of my plants are completely root bound by the end of the grow and water takes a long time to percolate through the media now. I think a larger pot size would benefit a larger canopy.

Cheryl uses it and I took her recommendation to PH at the (slightly) lower PH value.

3 Likes

A friend of mine uses promix and gets 6- 7 foot plants regularly. It was one of my choices of soil to go to this grow but desided to go with NFTG soil #4

2 Likes

Thanks for info.im excited!!!

1 Like