Critical Purp Kush and SSH

To begin, I am a beginner, I am expected to get bashed for every mistake that I have made thus far. I’ll start with what I have in my grow tent and all the other basics:

2-Critical Purple Kush(Barney’s Farm),1-Super Silver Haze(ILGM) growing in Fox Farm Coco Loco. I’m using a mix of Alaska Fish Fertilizer for my nitrogen and Fox Farm’s calmag. My temps range between 75-77 with 55-60 RH and I’m using a Viparspectra 600w Reflector Series set at 19.5”. I’ve been watering every 3-4 days and sometimes longer. We’ve had a heat spell here in Oklahoma so I’ve had some warmer temps causing them to drink more. I’ll test using my finger, pick them up and I also use a soil moisture gauge before watering. I’ve done my best not to over water and I use a PH meter and drops to test my water’s PH and I try and keep it between 6.3-6.5. I also use Earth Juice PH up/down. I also with plain PH’d water every other time. They all popped July 23rd. One of the CPK and the SSH were started in solo cups and the other CPK was started in a small nursery pot. They are all the same age, but I only have one that is exploding with growth. I’m Mainlining the two Kush’s and I just topped my SSH once and I’m just going to let her do her thing since, from what I understand, Sativa and Sativa hybrids aren’t really good for Mainlining. Anyways I re-potted them, the biggest in a 5gal and the other two in 3gal pots. I’m just wondering if I was just to eager to get them going, that I stunted them by topping too soon and too much. I’ve been laughed at about their size, but for 5 weeks, I think they’re decent. If they truly are smaller than what they’re supposed to be, please let me know what I need to do. You’ll see that on my biggest, I topped till I had an 8 potential colas and my other is only at 4 so far. It is going slow and I expect it to take longer because of all of the topping. I don’t have much experience with indoor grows or with cannabis but I have had decent runs for a few years with an outdoor vegetable garden. I know they’re not the same l, but come on, this is weed and is a weed. Shouldn’t be that difficult. As you can tell I just medicated with some Super Lemon Haze so it’s helped extend my comfort zone and chatty. I’ll end this with some pictures. Please let me know if I’ve forgotten any information to tell y’all.
(Just a side note: all of this was gifted to me because I’m on fixed income as I’m a disabled vet growing trying my hand at growing my own meds.)

2 Likes

First welcome to the community and thanks for your service. your plants look happy keep up the good work. Good luck with your grow

1 Like

@scoutsout86, 1st of all… you won’t get bashed here… not ever. None of us were born expert growers. We all have learned as we go, and pull info from others.
2nd… thank you for your service to our great nation!
3rd… your plants look great. Love the ‘manifold’ process on your plant too. I do a lot of LST. myself.

1 Like

Please don’t have concern for being bashed here. The moderators will not tolerate such behavior and the forum has become a refuge for many folks. We all just want to grow good cannabis and help others do the same.

You’ve got a good start. Plants may be a bit small but you can only see the top half; lots of stuff going on underneath. Coco is a great medium and capable of yields close to hydro. As you know; cal mag is good as coco tends to sequester calcium. Watering practices are key and it looks like you are on it.

Using media designed for all nutrients to be added at feeding: you HAVE to use a PH meter and TDS meter. Feeding the plants REALLY should be done with a recognized nutrient line designed for cannabis. As you gain experience you can branch out but I would not advise it until you have experienced the lifecycle of the plant. General Hydroponics is a good, economical line, Fox Farms has good stuff although pricey, along with many others. I would suggest picking a line and using their published grow schedule and stick to it.

What is your light schedule? PH is too high for coco. This can cause issues later.

Pictures in natural light are more helpful to see any issues FYI.

You can tag anyone in using the @ sign like this: @PurpNGold74 haha.

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

3 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes: Summoned? :joy::joy::joy:

I kid. Thanks for the tag. Welcome to the site @scoutsout86. As MyFriend said, we dont do bashing around here. Everyone wants to see you succeed! Get comfy and do a bit of reading. And best of luck with the lovely ladies u got growing.

Ok read up on ur grow. I too use fish emuls (5-1-1 for veg and 0-10-10 for bloom) amd it works excellently. Very hard to overdo it. I also supplement a dab of MegaCrop (they have a sample pack u can get for shipping… well worth it) for micronutes she may need. Calmag u got so ur pretty coverd. And they look fine. Excellent mainline going! Isnt it ironic the most cut on girl is the biggest. Excellent choice! Healthy strong plants take training and pruning like a speed bump :joy:. They will explode shortly. And im growing a Critical Super Silver Haze now. They are some lanky ladies! If u dont have much vertical space be prepared to train outwards n top more then once!

3 Likes

I’m really grateful to hear that! Thank you guys already. Where should my PH be for Coco? Lower, 5.5-6? If I’m going to run into any issues in flower I want to fix it while in veg, y’all know what I mean. I’m really used to outdoor vegetable gardening so this is a big time first for me and I guess I’ve been using some of that experience on this side. It honestly didn’t even cross my mind with how close Coco is to just straight Hydro so it would make sense to be more on the acidic side of the spec. As for lighting I’m doing 18/6 for veg and since it’s beginning to get to the hottest part of the year I might have to go to a 15/9 just so I can keep my temps in check. I’ve noticed some odd growth on my SSH. The nodes are off set like what I’ve read are mainly in males but I’ve also read some Sativas and Sativa dom hybrids are off set. I’d just hate to have to tell good ol Robert that he sold me a male​:rofl:. Again guys thank you for the input and acceptance. I’m not such a fan for the FB grow groups. That’s where I was seeing most of the bashing vs help. :unamused:

3 Likes

Those Haze strains can be lanky and stretch like crazy. Do plant accordingly. I’m a SCROG guy and that cures a lot of ills haha.

5.3 to 5.8 is coco but I PH everything to 6.0 which seems to work fine.

3 Likes

Those ‘offsets’ are called sucker shoots on fruiting plants. Thats where ur buds (flowers) form. Its good they are developing early. Just strong healthy genetics. N if u do have a male… ILGM customer service is the best. :+1:t5:

2 Likes

@scoutsout86 welcome to the site and thank you for your service. This forum isn’t like the others out there. I started on a different forum and never got any positive information or communication from anyone until I came over here. Some of these guys are pretty damn weird I’m not gonna lie but all good people.

1 Like

Awww Tx u think im pretty and weird?? :joy::joy: i knew u loved me

1 Like

Hells yeh guys. Thank you! I over read what @Myfriendis410 said about natural light pictures. I apologize and should’ve realized it’s hard to make out color variations under red/purple lighting. I’m excited to hear about what exactly the offshoots are. I’m pretty stoked now! I’ve tried my hand a year ago at this and since it was a complete failure I decided to put it off to the side until I got some better understanding. I’m glad to see that all of y’all are understanding so I’ll also post pictures of my very first plant😣 and the one I have flowering now. From what I read I was supposed to flip to flower approximately 4wks after sprout. Yeh, I know, ignorant but hey I’ve taken all of my plants from seed to harvest and tho they may have suffered an agonizing life, they’re suffering has taught me something. First is of my current grow then the others will follow.

SSH:

Other photos following…

3 Likes

Did u grow that on here? Think i remember those pics :joy::joy: damn ive lookd at soooooo much pot in the last 16 months!

2 Likes

Photos cont’d

Critical Purple Kush (Barney’s Farm) small one:

Critical Purple Kush (Barney’s Farm) Large:

First plant that I’ll actually be able to use:

First ever grow: White Widow Auto. Heat stress, PH problems, over watered, over fed, under watered, under fed. :disappointed::

The only one I still have.

1 Like

No typo it says pretty damn weird lol

1 Like

Just goes to show they can take the abuse

2 Likes

So it’s the start of week 7 veg and I’m thinking about going ahead and switching to flower. I’m having excellent growth and absolutely no issues with my Critical Purple Kush but I’ve noticed some light burn on my SSH do I lowered her a couple of inches so I’ve now got her at 20” and the others are at 18”. It’s crazy how my SSH has these shoots coming out after each time I top her and what I mean is not just two at a time but instead an extra two. Almost like I FIM’d instead of top. Pretty cool.

1 Like

Soooo these shoots are just coming out of everywhere. This girl is going to be difficult to train. She’s a feisty one!

1 Like

Told ya! Its amazing how quickly SSH bounces back. She clones like a fish and cant take whatever u do to her. Very resilent strain

1 Like

@scoutsout86 ,my plant is exactly like that crazy bushy

Sorry I’m just gettin back, Works been crazy… @PurpNGold74, yeh she’s doing amazing l, had to trim some of her fan leaves to open up the new bud sights. @Pondscum, I was expecting her to be stretchier but I guess her Indica heritage is stronger. After doing some reading on lights, I think I over did it by doing three plants. I’m just not going to get the yield I’m looking for but I know it’ll still be some good bud. I didn’t expect them to get to the size they have. Well I mean my big CPK could’ve gone a couple more weeks in veg but since I have two others, I’d have to get more light and that’s not in the budget quite yet and I’m still doing my research for what’s going to work and I don’t want to waste anymore money on blurples.

Before trim and more training:

After:

SSH:
CPK:

1 Like