Creative with Tent location

Going to see how growing in a tent underneath the house will work…… removed 30” of Limestone rock…. Lol.

Set up:

Secret Jardin 3x5 tent
AC infinity 6”fan w/carbon filter
Electric Sky ES300 V3

6 Likes

Welcome to your new happy place :blush:
Your setup is a little different. But, whatever works. How wet does it get ? You’ll probably be ok for seedling stage if humidity is high.

1 Like

Tell the truth, your wife made you build that space for you to pick the banjo. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Temp stays about 65F-79F with humidity in the 50-70 range depending on season. I’ve been able to control temp and humidity with air movement and a small heater. With everything running. I can maintain 77F with 45% humidity.

1 Like

I picked this space so wifey would have no clue what I was doing. :joy:. And everyone in the house would appreciate not hearing me pick that :banjo:. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And 0 water intrusion under there.

1 Like

Does not stop us tho.
I pick as well,though not well as I wish
Click on my avatar and read description

2 Likes

Heck no it don’t. I pick on an 15 year old Recording King RK-50. What part of MIssouri you from. Have “n”laws in Lees Summit.

2 Likes

South west. Outside of Springfield
Deering Goodtime II.

1 Like

looks like a good hiding place…welcome to the community

3 Likes

If you haven’t started the grow yet, you may wanna get a big painters tarp and get it under the tent and cover all the dirt above floor level as well. If you’re running fans and opening the tent it’s gonna get really dusty in there real fast.

3 Likes

Laying the tarp was the first thing I did after the ground was leveled. I also keep containers about 3” off the floor.

1 Like

yes love it!! please keep the subterranean grow
updates a comin!

2 Likes

@Duh-BanjoPicker

LOL! That’s pretty damn extreme!

You sure you didn’t find any dead bodies buried where you dug?

I’ve seen everything now. :slight_smile: thanks for sharing.

Keeping the tent warm might be an issue in the winter… but love love this idea!! Mother earth is a huge heat sink!!

3 Likes

One thing you will need that could escape the radar in this unique situation is bugs. That location under the house will lead to critters galore. Before starting any plants you should probably treat the entire area for insects.
I never go in the tent or even the tent room with shoes I have worn outside.
Read a few threads about spider mites and you will understand.

2 Likes

Welcome I grew up watching and hearing my great grandad pick as Great Greadma clogged besides him singing and him picking. Later in life 1st wife got me a banjo got lessons, i was ok. But my hands are all stoved up years of hard work . I still have “Emmett” and I can hear a song and hear those clear bell tones of banjo Love it in my soul
.dont spend to much time.down there you will look like a vampire all pale with bloodshot eyes

2 Likes

There’s nothing like the twang from a good banjo lick. I had a neck surgery 3 years ago and ended up with severe neuropathy afterwards. Last year had bilateral carpal tunnel surgery. My hands and muscle memory are toast. Been a minute since I’ve picked ole girl out of her case. I’m trying to get back to at least trying. I see People running sprints without legs. So, I can figure out how to hold a chord. At least that’s my hope. :joy: thanks for telling your story!

1 Like

I will share a fav video with you guys as I think you will appreciate it.
One of the best pickers to not get proper recognition in my opinion is Bobby Thompson.
Watch this clip from Hee Haw decades ago. But don’t watch the banjos, watch Roy and Bobby’s eyes.
Roy was no slouch but Bobby was the master of Melodic Banjo. No doubt Roy had Bobby teach him this tune. Bobby is watching Roy’s face almost the whole time, and Roy is watching Bobby’s hands as a student would do. Its a great song, but the story of teacher and student is better to me.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this vid many of times and probably seen the live broadcast of the show in my wee days.

2 Likes

And thanks for sharing the vid. Always great to meet people with similar interest. Looks like I’m going to like it here.

2 Likes