Craziest plants I've ever grown.....anyone seen similar?

it’s usable lifespan…as @QueenCityB mentioned the new bulb will let you know your old bulb was ready to be decomissioned …wow phenomenal difference and I dont just mean from 400 to 750-1000w but hps to MH and to be honest (I am scared to see what the SUPER Lumen setting does…)!!!\

4 Likes

Super lumen will just degrade your bulb faster, you won’t need it.

4 Likes

Sweet, amazing bang for the buck that vivosun ballast bundle with both MH and HPS bulbs, under $100 for 1000 real freaking watts. You now have the light situation covered, big time. Just need to mange the heat/temps.

On the MH. They don’t do well dimmed, Dimming a 1000 watt MH bulb to the 600 watt setting will change the spectrum in a negative way, more greenish than the blu-white it should be. Better to pick up a 600 watt MH bulb if /when you want to run it at 600.

3 Likes

Congrats! I’m looking forward to hearing if your plants are bursting with growth in a few days.

3 Likes

@QueenCityB @Hellraiser @dbrn32 @Skydiver @AAA @Red4 SO unfortunately the Last plant that of which I was hoping was female ended Up bieng a Herm…but those were just bag seeds and now Im fighting to keep the heat down with my new 1000w MH at 36-38 inch’s but NOW I have 4 Green Crack fems in the tent that should be all female hopefully purchased from neptune seed bank and the 5 GC Femenized were delivered in a wooden seed holder stamped with Humboldt seed company so 4 of the 5 popped and neptune says contact Humboldt so will be doing that but even with my lamp at the height stated above I see so much difference I transplanted 3 (regulat) strawberry haze 1 x Banana OG and 3(regular) sour mints x Banana OG and these 6 were complimentary of Cannabis by Corey so hoping to get Pictures up in the AM so I can heed the wisdom of others and hopefully learn something new …also very interested in trying to build an Ebb and Flow hydroponic setup…already started 3 of the 4 youngest GC’s in coco coir…so hope to manually be able to replicate the watering and nutrients schedule to not mess it up…I am looking for basic cheapest functionality possible…thanks in advance for any and all help and Pictures in the am of the 4 ladies and hopefully all ladies in the tent…thanks for taking the time !

1 Like

I’ve only gotten as far as building tables for ebb & flow, but ton of examples on YouTube.

As far as heat goes, do you have air cooled hood? Only way I know to do it with that big of light.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a great selection of seed to grow.
Can’t help you with your grow much as I’m all about living soil with natural nutrients and not chems

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m not a hydroponics guy. I do aeroponics for clones, but I just use water. Nothing in it.
@dbrn32 nailed it. You got to move the heat away from the bulb and out. Those filaments are crazy hot. Get an air cooled hood if you dont already have one. Upgrade your exhaust to a more powerful larger size if possible. You just gotta get the hot air out. Those high intensity lights grow great, but require more air movement. Sounds like you have some nice genetics ready to go with them new seeds.

2 Likes

@QueenCityB @Skydiver @dbrn32 @Hellraiser @AAA @Red4

4 Likes

Plants look good

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Thanks all I did was give them a good light source and wow im excited to say the least and i dont know if you can see but the 3 small ones in jiffy pots…pellets in coir only been keeping the pots misted with mild nutrient solution since the coir is basically neutral…so hoping to keep them going strong…I had to replant the 6 bigger ones and didnt exactly have the means to give them all their own pot but chances are that not all 6 will be female since they are regular seeds.

1 Like

Are you able to manage temps now

1 Like

I have gotten the temp down to 77 had to put a bigger additional fan and turn my Ipower 6" on max also figured out that the air intake screens on my tent were clogged with dust which is actually kind of cool that vivosun designed the screen to help reduce what comes into contact with the plants and their atmosphere…but just out of curiosity what is the highest temps you think before photosynthesis is slowed? I have seen such an array of ranges…?

1 Like

Depends a little on lighting and relative humidity. Small changes in vapor pressure deficit won’t really change much, but a big change would.

1 Like

In veg, there’s no reason top push the plant like crazy. It’s a weed. Ive seen people have successful veg runs with merely 90watts of lights running in 16ft² of space

Now when flower comes, the whole lighting scenario changes and them your right at that point. You wanna push then to their limits

2 Likes

@TDubWilly Thanks for the feedback unfortunately I only have the MH1000w my ballast is dimmable but was informed that dimming a MH changes the light spectrum … @dbrn32 didnt think about it before IDK why but just mounted my ballast outside the tent and that should help alittle

2 Likes

correction I do have 1000watt HPS bulb brand new that I will switch to come flower but for now only watt mh that I have is the 1000w

1 Like

Don’t be so quick to pull your plants. You can wait longer and be ok, that way you can be extra sure that it’s a Male.
Males have to mature a little bit before they ever become a problem to you.

I never saw a single Male in there btw :wink:, doesn’t mean there wasn’t one in there.

I would just ride it out a little longer from now on to make sure

3 Likes

@TDubWilly I will do just that next time although the last one I pulled I switched to 12/12 for a couple days into my garage just to be sure and there were def male flowers but those were just random bag seeds so no loss on my pocket but now I have 4Green Crack fems and also 6 more regs which are 3 strawberry haze 1 x banana OG and 3 sour mints x banana OG plus one random seed out of what I was just smoking so we shall see…

2 Likes

Understood.

For future reference, you’ll see Male pollen sacs for several weeks before they ever become a problem to you.

As long as the sacs are closed then your good.

If your in the latter stages right before a sack opens, then be super careful removing plants because at that point you can cause a pollen sack to open by simply moving them around, but you were nowhere near this point

3 Likes