Cranking up your scorpion diablo drivers current adjustment all the way up!

cheers mate, I’ve put alot of effort in to this one (check out the frost all ready on that closeup, looks even better in real life)so hoping it all goes smoothly but if experience serves me well it’s about 4-5 more weeks before the real problems start. This is only my second run in this tent, the first run were autos these are photos so I’m literally learning as i go trying not to mess up.

3 Likes

@The_Chef I have to respectfully disagree with your statement. I’ve read lots of your posts and you know your stuff and have some great grows and what you do is working for you. But no matter how much light you give your plant it can’t photosynthesize at a higher level without more CO2. If light is your engine then nutrients and CO2 are your fuel. The worlds biggest engine can only run so fast when you dribble the fuel in. While there is some temperature variance to CO2 uptake it’s not end all do all.
Here’s a great blog by Ed Rosenthal that shows the scientific data behind it and explains better than I ever could. Cannabis And CO2: Why Plants Suffer If They Don’t Get At Least A Minimum Amount Of CO2 — Ed Rosenthal

2 Likes

That’s fine bro. Here’s a great article on co2 and temperatures for you to read. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Here’s a thread I started here a while ago on some scientific research that was published a few months ago. I feel pretty confident in running my light max on my plants. No issues whatsoever.

1 Like

Regardless of anything with co2 brother , we’re all here to learn and try our best to grow some nice plants. Everyone here is great and helpful. I’m still learning myself and winging it as I go. Happy growing my friend! :beers:

Thanks for sharing those articles. I’ll check them out. I did my first grow over 40yrs ago. Lots of years of not growing in between too. I’m still learning new techniques all the time. Just wish there was the internet and this kind of information sharing back then. But since weed wasn’t legal then I’d probably have ended up in jail. lol
I’m with you. this site is the most friendly one I’ve found.

2 Likes

I don’t feel running them at max hurts you any. From the things I’ve read it just seems you hit a point where there’s no more return for the extra light. Of course, my last grow foxtailed everywhere. Should have taken a pic of it as a perfect bad example. :grin:

2 Likes

Absolutely man. It amazes me how advanced growing has become. 30 years ago we had old lights from a school or building with a plant jammed in a corner. :joy:

1 Like

My goal with maxxing out the light is just canopy penetration to avoid larf and popcorn at the bottom. So far everything has worked out. It’s been a pleasure chatting with you brother. :beers::metal:

This was a very interesting read. The average trend was there but the individual results were a little sporadic. Makes you wonder why. Thanks for sharing the link.

1 Like