Cranking up your scorpion diablo drivers current adjustment all the way up!

Damn bro! You should definitely have a sponsorship :joy:

2 Likes

Depending on exactly which driver you have, which board, and how they are configured, could make all the difference in the world. The vo adjust has an ideal setting for each way it would be used. Fv on Diablo board os different than r-spec board, and different from the standard boards. Io adjust and dimmer knob are just different ways of controlling output current (dimming). In order to be at full power io adjust on driver has to be at max and then dimmer knob has to be at least 100k ohms or greater.

6 Likes

OK @The_Chef , letā€™s set the record straight. 1. I said you know your stuff and should be listened toā€¦appears I was wrong. 2. I was not trying to convince anyone of anything. That is false! 3. That was not my ā€œlittle plantā€ but a grow by Grow Weed Easys Nebula Haze. Your statement is the very definition of condescending bs. The point is that many new growers donā€™t have the funds to purchase an expensive light or they need the stealth where they grow. Stealth has taught some of us 70 year old growers more then you might think. Your comments wouldnā€™t bother me but as I see now you have other members piling on when they never even read the postā€¦did you!

2 Likes

Ok brother , maybe I misread your post?:man_shrugging: It sounded condescending to me but who knows, all we read is words and sometimes context can get distorted.
I apologize if thatā€™s the case. Honestly, Iā€™m not hear to be at odds with anyone. Hell , I couldnā€™t even remember your name or what thread it was on. Itā€™s how I read it.

Seriously my friend. I apologize for taking what you said the wrong way. Iā€™m not a bad guy and am not here for any other reason than learning and growing and giving back to the community. :v::beers:

5 Likes

I was literally just looking at one of these, are they good? Theyā€™re super expensive in the UK for the latest one :rofl:

2 Likes

@Se7en In my opinion thatā€™s the baddest of the bad boys :100::v: check the refurbished on the hlg website will probably be around 900

2 Likes

It does look like a monster of a light! Iā€™ll give it a look thank you!

Letā€™s keep it civil here please.

4 Likes

Apologies my friend :pray:

2 Likes

So yā€™all just use manual dimmer? Just wondering Can the AC Infinity smart control communicate with a HLG light? I guess if your device has a RJ11/RJ12 Connection you can control it? Also anyone running a 240v light ?

2 Likes

@DukeHale yes i have just always used my actual dimmer knob, i still havent checked to see where my adjustment screw sits at the moment but tou can turn that as well to increase/ decrease intensity

Cool. Thanks for your help by the way.

I saw somewhere you had also got UV bars. You think they were worth it? I read led donā€™t produce UV light and resin production is increased as a protective layer against Uv light. Itā€™s another 180-200 $ a bar.

1 Like

yup - and FGI has a 2 pack on sale atm if you need 2. They also sell singles.

I actually prefer them to the HLG. The HLG(the last years model i have at least) is not straight UV diodes but also has a white diode every so often.
The FGI is ALL UV producing diodes, no other color included.
Other than the difference in mounted diodes theyā€™re pretty much identical. I suspect they come from the same factory in China as they are that similar in construction.

edited to remove unauthorized link

2 Likes

@DukeHale yes uv is an essential part of my grows, it really helps with tri coverage and terpines . @Tylersays gave you good info too, fgi is good. I use their far red bars . But i would definitely recommend getting uv bars weither hlg or fgi

1 Like

Also good to note that hlgā€™s uv bars are only 365nm + 385nm spectrum, fgiā€™s is 360-400nm so you do get a little bit of a different spectrum @DukeHale

2 Likes

Thereā€™s definitely a difference in the spectrum between the two.

HLG doesnā€™t publish a spectrum chart on their page but FGI puts up their full report + spectrum chart.
FGI also claims ā€œresearch gradeā€ LEDs somewhere in their literature or on their page.
I donā€™t think either company claims Samsung diodes in these fixtures either.

FGI Report -

Itā€™s all Greek to me, but it makes me feel better that they trust it enough to publish it. Says something about their confidence in their product. To me at least.

Honestly I donā€™t think you can go wrong with either one.
As always, before you pull the trigger Google for coupon codes! FGI always has one out there somewhere as does HLG. LOL!

Best of luck to you!

3 Likes

I pulled the trigger. Got hlg Diablo and Fgi uva lights. Really appreciate the advice. Now I just have to wait haha

4 Likes

You wonā€™t regret it brother! Your worry about lighting is officially over :joy::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Iā€™m glad ur confident!! Seriously. I over analyze things until I canā€™t make a decision. We off to the races, as soon as everything comes in haha

2 Likes

You just bought the Lambo of lighting :joy::beers:

3 Likes