Cranking up your scorpion diablo drivers current adjustment all the way up!

Ok so i know that recently i have convinced many members on this forum to purchase the scorpion diablo lol. So i want to see how everyone has been playing with theirs, And i got a question for yall. On the driver there is a voltage and current adjustment screw , At least on mine see pictures below. I know your not suppost to touch the voltage screw. But the current screw marked “io adj” have any of you turned that up all the way while also having your actual dimmer knob turned to the max as well? When i first purchased the light i remember having this convo with some and never thought about it again. So i dont even know where my screw is currently set on mine cause ive never touched it from factory settings so for all i know it could be all the way down and still be that crazy bright lol? I cant go see right now either cause lights are off but has anyone else played around with that? Where was yours set to from factory?

@The_Chef do you happen to remember who else has recently gotten one ? I know i tagged you a few times to help me sell it lol but dont recall so tag anyone else in that you know of.

2 Likes

@DukeHale for when you end up getting yours lol

3 Likes

@Cap_Ron
@Tylersays i dont remember if you have a diablo or just the boards?

2 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien

2 Likes

Those things have had me curious ever since @Sincitytoker discovered on I believe the 260xl that from the factory , his voltage wasn’t where it should have been set for full output. I’ve never monkyed with them but was always curious.
I’ve tested all 3 of mine from a watt meter in the wall and all pretty much identical cranked up. 648 to 653 from the wall.

You definitely have me interested in those adjustments :joy:
I’ve just been afraid to poke around in there.

I know @CooterJuice @JJ520 are also rocking the scorp D’s. Wonder if they ever got curious as well :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

@The_Chef hahaha yeah exactly i been a little cautious about it myself :joy::joy::joy::joy: thats why i wanted to hop on here to say what everyone ekse has done

2 Likes

@The_Chef also in that original post where i got those screen shots here…

Hlg scorpion diablo 650 rspec in a 4x4, what do you think?

If you scroll down towards tho bottom i believe it was @BobbyDigital @dbrn32 were saying that the io screw is ok just dint touch the voltage you can read a lil more info on whaf they said there and they are very reliable sources for sure

1 Like

I’m curious what @dbrn32 opinion would be messing with them :joy:

The last thing any of us would want to do is fry something. Still curious though

3 Likes

Post 65 in that topic by the way

1 Like

Is that on your journal?

1 Like

I have moved them to check if they we’re all the way up they just dim the light when you move them they’re basically dimmers I leave mine all the way up use the dimmer knob on top of the light

4 Likes

So that’s all they are is dimmers? That’s good to know. Both of yours are all the way up?

3 Likes

@The_Chef that original post is in that other topic i linked above . Its one i started right when i was contemplating buying the light haha

1 Like

And by the way @The_Chef i checked mine the way they sit at factory settings and got the same wattage from the wall with a meter as well

1 Like

Yep mine are both all the way up :v:

2 Likes

I have followed your lead brother. Any thread I see inquiring about lights and are looking for ending their search. I always chime in :joy:

I’ve only had one user along the way that for whatever reason gave me a little condescending bs and he wasn’t even looking for a light. Tried to convince the person that you only need the HLG 65 watt light and showed his little plant like he did something miraculous with the light when the website simply states it’s for one small plant :man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Mines not all the way up on either, but in range of Amps and Volts so I left it, I try not to burn at 100% regardless, I’ll chance shortening the height with some burn before taking a year of life off my lights.

2 Likes

@The_Chef thats hilarious, i cant stand it when people honest to god think they know whats better just cause they are biased towards whatever it is they have . but hey you can only lead a horse to water right ? Lol at least we have scientific research done on every aspect of our lights that we are reccomending to people. We should honestly be getting sponsored by HLG for all the lights we sold them :joy::joy:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I agree. I saved @THC73 a headache and from wasting money. I almost forgot that he joined the scorp D club looking for advice on lighting.

3 Likes

Hlg sponsor I’d love one I own 9 of there lights :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

4 Likes