Could you recommend a strain?

For decaded I puffed what I could get… But never knew the strains.

My fondest memories are of two different attributes of stuff I never new the name of. I prefer indicas with high thc levels… The higher the thc the better… Low to no cbd.

Attributes I am looking for in a strain of purchaseable seeds are:

1. Very pine-tree like… Almost like pinesol in taste.
  2. Very skunky… Very very skunky.

Looking to buy two different strains one with each attribute… Any recommendations? Where can they be bought?

@BobbyDigital
@Covertgrower
@Spiney_norman
@Myfriendis410
@Hellraiser
@Oldguy
@KeystoneCops

OG kush is a strain that is 75% indica and contains a good bit of pinene.

Blue dream and harlequin are 2 strains with a lot of pinene, but these are sativa dominant.

2 Likes

Could’ve been a variety of Jack herer that leaned more towards its skunky parentage mine smelled like piny mangoes(but it leans heavier on the sativa side but again breeder variations)

1 Like

I second OG Kush, another to add is Fire OG. Which is og Kush back crossed 3 times. Sometimes you can get a hint of citrus, but pine is the primary terpene expressed.

Skunk I have nothing. Super skunk?

2 Likes

Piney and skunky, superskunk kush boom.! She’s in the front.

1 Like
2 Likes

Pine Tar Kush sounds awesome… Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to be for sale any longer… Hopefully it comes back to ILGM!

Thank you

Thank you @MidwestGuy @SKORPION @Covertgrower @GreenSnek @Spiney_norman

For all the recommendations… I think I may buy the OG Kush and Super Skunk seeds.

Does any one know where to get BTY OG (better than yours)?

Got a bag from a friend a year ago… Wish I would have picked up a zip… It was awesome great high and tasty. I have one seed from the bag… But it could obviously be male, female, or herm. It would be nice to get a few Feminized.

1 Like

I may try the blue dream, thank you!

My advice is to buy large seed packs to hunt through, and have a plan to keep mothers so you don’t lose a chemovar once you find it.

1 Like

That’s the plan… Find my favs and clone from mother’s.

Only obstacle is my wife… Up to three tent’s (veg, flower, dry) adding a mother tent might be pushing it.

However… I have been good and she’s pretty awesome.

1 Like

@KeystoneCops

That’s the plan… Find my favs and clone from mother’s.

Only obstacle is my wife… Up to three tent’s (veg, flower, dry) adding a mother tent might be pushing it.

However… I have been good and she’s pretty awesome.

1 Like

Keep the mother plants in the veg tent.

Get a dryer and use that tent still with in the wife’s approved setup. I know me some wife loop holes.

2 Likes

All tent’s are 4x4…was thinking a bit larger for the mother tent… Or is that unnecessary?

Was figuring… Need a place for the clones to grow until flower. I had awesomed flowering clones is quicker than from seeds… Is my assumption incorrect?

I think if you stepped back and looked at your scheduling a bit, you could work this out. For example, do you need to constantly flower? Could you use the flower tent to dry, which only takes 5-10 days?

Your mother plants don’t need to be enormous, and neither do your clones. Are you limited in plant count? Yes, clones taken from a mature mother plant will start flowering faster than a seed sprouted under 12/12. The actual length of flowering should be the same, although you can dial the process in when running clones.

I think the volume you’ve allotted to drying is a big inefficiency. It’s only used a small fraction of each cycle, and I doubt it needs to be as big as the flowering volume. Am I way off base with that?

Regardless, I’m extremely jealous of your three tent possibilities.

I never even thought about the timing of my schedule in that regard… Thank you.

I had assumed the mothers would be quite large… I should not assume, as an engineer I should know better.

My plant count… Legally I am screwed no matter the amount… Size of tent… Four plants maximum per tent… As I have figured out my first(currently finishing) grow.

You are correct about the inefficient use of the dry tent…the current grow had a whopping 9 plants…just harvested the smallest three and they take up all hanging room. The harvest of the next 6 much busier and larger plants I think I may run out of room… However, they seem like they will all be harvested at different rates… Currently two look very close… The others still have a couple/few weeks. You are correct… I won’t always be in this “jam” trying to get through 9. The next grow should be more pleasant and relaxing.

@BobbyDigital has agreed to mentor me my next grow and so far have learned a lot.

2 Likes

It sounds like you need much more flower than I do. Normally, I only need a few grams per week (blessed with a sensitive system and I use a vaporizer). With 4 ounces, I’m set for a year.

I always encourage people to figure out how much they actually need, assume 1 ounce per sq ft of flowering canopy per 4month period, and go from there. In your case, setting aside your vegetative space, you can assume 1 ounce per sq ft every 3 months. My estimates include a generous safety factor to account for mistakes and crop loss. Optimally, you estimate 1.75 ounces per sq ft every 2 months (coco coir or similar hydroponic medium, optimal lighting, ambient CO2, cloned genetics).

If you haven’t looked into automatic watering, I’d at least research it. It would suck to have to pass on a vacation because you can’t leave your plants. There are passive systems from a company called Blumat. I wouldn’t say they’re optimal, but they’re reliable and affordable. I’d look into using them to maintain mother plants.

1 Like

I have been in that situation… My wife and I tried and failed a grow about 6 years ago… Vacation came… Got back plants in bad shape… Then mold… And other issues ruined the whole crop. I was wondering about automatic watering… Using soil in 3 gallon plastic pots… Next grow using 7 gallon fabric grow bags and Roots Organic Original soil. Any other recommendations of automatic watering systems?

Blumats. They work in soil. Even the really inexpensive ones (3pk/$15) will work. The more expensive ones work better though. The systems are all based off of these ceramic “carrots” which passively meter the moisture level of the soil. The cheap ones can’t be adjusted, but the more expensive carrots can be dialed in to provide a constant level of saturation. If you set it up weeks before a trip, they’re virtually foolproof.

1 Like