Could you just use a tomato plant support for an inside grow plant to help support it and do training

Could you just use a tomato plant support or an inside plant the help training

1 Like

Any form of support will work, it just depends upon what shape you want and what sort of training that you intend to do.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, great advice given by merlin44 for plant support. Just use what is at hand for you ,there are a number of redneck ways to work in your growing. happy growing :rofl: :bat:

1 Like

I’ve considered trying those tomato funnel-like metal supports but have so far been using 6ft bamboo poles with plant clips and twine. I was worried about being able to adjust branches if necessary with those tomato cages.

Welcome to ILGM forum. As already pointed out there’s different ways to support plants depending on size, training, and growth stage. I can’t say tomato stakes won’t work, but it may not be idea. Depending on where you need support, it could cause damage to roots due to the thick diameter of stakes. Most hydro stores sell the bamboo stakes. Something else you may consider is 3/16 wood dowels. You can get them at wallyworld, they come in 3 foot lengths. They should have them in the crafts section. You can probably get longer ones at home improvement stores. Here’s a example of how I used them.

3 Likes

@Wendell. Welcome! You will get great advice here! Since I am literally growing in a closet I was just going to use yarn and the closet rod for support (cross fingers) if they get heavy during bloom.

1 Like