Could you give me an insight into what kind of soul or mixture I should use for good growth in the veg stage?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I’m starting a grow and I have 3 seedlings feminized growing. They look healthy and I have to transport them to bigger containers. Could you give me an insight into what kind of soul or mixture I should use for good growth in the veg stage? I have coco, however, I don’t t know if the nutrients It has inside are enough for the plants. And, also, in terms of aeration, what kind of substance do I use to get a more loose soil? Thank you

I would use pro mix soil and cut what ever nutrients at half strength and go from there i use fox farm nutrients and start my plants at 1/4 strength for 2 weeks then to half strength for the rest once you get a good grow or 2 under your belt then you can start playing with add stuff to your soil the most important thing is learning ph values and how they relates to what is going on on your plant. A ppm to will help you see how hungry or full your plant is. If you get this nailed down you will make people say dammm when they see your buds especially after a 2 month cure hop this helps you join the forum and read and research as much as possible.I don’t know everything but i have had some very expensive lessons and more by not asking questions.

If your plants have a decent root system that is taking up the size of a solo cup container or a quart pot, you could plant in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. They might take a little while getting used to it, and it will be plenty rich for them through the vegetative phase.

Fox Farms is popular.

My advice would be any good organic potting soil that DOESN’T say “moisture control” or “needs no feeding for six months” etc. Scott’s has some good ones as do others. Most growers opt for something like the Ocean Forest. Promix is a media like coco which requires daily watering/feeding.

I’d say maybe James Brown or The Temptation. You definitely want some funk in with the soul. So I’d recommend adding some George Clinton and Rick James also.

1 Like