Could use a mentor

I wish i had any of that. @Mikeygbaby1234

1 Like

Currently on the shelf is advanced nutrients, perlite, happy frog, and ocean forest, and ph down

1 Like

Currently on mine is water, armor si, Jack’s 321, and hydroguard… lol
The same amount from start to finish :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey @Djh1984 , are you adding the apple cider vinegar or pH down to the Advanced Nutrients mix? Or to the water you’re flushing with first? AN doesn’t (and shouldn’t) need to be pH’d. it should already be in the perfect range. Just wondering if you are adding to that mix and that’s causing some reaction that is making things wonky (for lack of a better word). AN is pretty forgiving, I’ve used it for 3 or so grows with no issues, but use ProMix for my medium. And you are sure that you Fox Farms soil is now depleted of nutes?

Maybe flushing with pH’d water down to 5.5, let it sit for half hour, then feed with AN only, un-checked, might not correct it right away, but maybe they can feed on what they need and get better.

3 Likes

@Spudgunner i just got ph down. I was using some acv before with AN. I will flush when i get home in the am before i feed. Thanks for the help. And when i use distilled water or drinking water then I don’t have to pH the Advance Nutrients but my tap water is 8.4 to 8.6 with 410 PPM and honestly I got sick of running to Walmart every other day filling up 5 gallon containers full of water so I just been using tap water

1 Like

If you use the pH Perfect line of Advanced Nutes, it will drop the pH from 8 or 9 down to around 6 on its own. That’s the beauty of that line. Watch the video on their site where they mix their nuts with varying pH’d water. Kinda cool to see all of them settle around 6

4 Likes

I did not know that. I just always added a squirt of vinegar. Thanks for the heads up on that video i will watch more

1 Like

Methinks that squirt of vinegar could be what’s screwing the balance up…

2 Likes

I was thinking that as well. Let’s find out shall we. Got a big morning tomorrow. Should i flush all plants getting fed and start over do you think @Spudgunner

@Spudgunner have you tried bud factor x AN

Yes, I’d flush then feed.
I use the micro, grow and bloom pH Perfect threesome, add Rhino Skin, every 3rd batch add SensiCal, and also have Bud Candy, Big Bug and Voodoo Juice for when they are seedlings/cuttings and getting up-potted. Have also been known to add molasses when flowering too!
Haven’t tried the BudFactorX yet, their stuff is expensive so I try and add a new product every grow (since a liter lasts 2 or 3 grows). And sometimes less is more, you give them too much and they can revolt and cause worse issues than if you left them alone or a bit hungry. I still find that they stay green throughout the grow, and only fade if I go light on the feedings at the end. Which works for me, use less of their stuff!

3 Likes

So i use the sensi line. A lot of the same you have. I only half dose cause that puts me at 1000ppm usually

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll mix up some at full strength, then by the 3rd feeding I will dilute it to half strength. But I don’t test my pH or PPM’s, never had meters when I started growing in the 80’s/90’s, never got around to it when I started again a few years ago
Christmas is coming tho, and a good meter was on my wishlist!

2 Likes

Hope you get a meter. I got a good veg light for a 5x6 on my wishlist

Looks like this plant is starting to turn green. She got a flush with ph down being used instead of viniger. And than fed her with 1000 ppms. Today her runoff went from 7.7 to 6.6 ph and runoff of 1011ppm

2 Likes

3 Likes

It appears the top most growth is nice and green and that’s what you want in my opinion. Near the top of the bud.
No worries if some the of lower growth gets worse. Most times, once it’s damaged, depending on the issue, they usually don’t get better.

Awesome job on getting them back in shape.
Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

8 Likes

Congratulations on the chop! :tada::balloon::confetti_ball::champagne:

1 Like

Congrats