Could someone tell me whats up with my plant please

@bob31 yes i have a ph meter, ive allways put my ph to 6.2 but from tonight i am going to boost it up a tad to 6.5, ive tested my runoff water and it comes out the same as what i put in. How often should i be adding cal and mag ? Every water? Here is a pic of what ive been giving the plant i have also just started adding big bud and bud candy thank you for helping mate ! Theese are 5 liter pots and and the plants sprouted on the 10th of december i have not got much height so i put them under 12/12 after 3 weeks, my first grow was scared incase they went to big lol thanks alot !

@bob31

Thank you mate !

Cal-mag depends on your nutrient line. I usually only give once a month. If youā€™re in soil cal-mag are both locked out below 6.5 so adding cal-mag wonā€™t matter. Get you pH up to 6.5 and they will flourish though the damage done will not get better.

@Steven420

Look at this chart. The right side is soil

One more thing. 5 liter pots are too small. You need a 3 gallon pot for autos (11 liters) Iā€™m not sure what is available there but for future grows a bigger pot will make a huge difference. They are probably root bound as well.

Since they are flowering transplanting can be risky for autos.

1 Like

Using the PH Perfect nutes, it shouldnā€™t be a PH problem. You donā€™t need to adjust the PH when growing with them.

My guess is PPM will be the culprit. I suggest getting an idea of where the runoff is at asap.

@3high5you is right when using ph perfect nutes you donā€™t need to ph anything if you adjust ph you through it out of wackā€¦it sounds like youā€™ve been adjusting the ph and now it very well be a ph problemā€¦I would stop adjusting anything and feed as recommendedā€¦ what soil are you using? I use pro-mix hp I use sensi grow ph perfect at first I was adjusting ph on everything but the nute mix and was showing deficiency I stopped adjusting ph all together and added cal-mag with a few waterings and they straightened out and look greatā€¦I checked the ph of my nute solution with supplements and it was 6.0 and my runoff was 5.8 which is correct for soiless so the ph perfect technology works if you leave your ph meter alone and donā€™t adjust anything not your nute solution,water or anythingā€¦I should add the 8 plants I have in flower right now are in ffof soil each time I transplanted (twice) I would wait 2-3 weeks before I would feed them and they are doing fantastic but Iā€™m using pro-mix for all my grows here onā€¦

1 Like

@WillyJ @3high5you What you guys are saying is true

ph matters and I donā€™t like to tell new users not to check their pH as we all know what happens if they donā€™t.

I know what their line saysā€¦

But you still need to make sure it is correct.

2 Likes

If you are using ph perfect nutrients and still using ph up or ph down it can cause you major issues due to the buffers that already exist in the nutrients. I donā€™t remember where I read that but it was when I was researching their line of nutrients that was one of the rea sons I decided to try this line.

3 Likes

@bob31 when using these nutes itā€™s important not to mess with the ph let the technology in the nutes workā€¦if you are not using these nutes then check and adjusting ph is absolutely necessary ā€¦I wouldnā€™t tell anyone not to check phā€¦ but if youā€™re using these nutes it is best you leave the ph up and down alone

4 Likes

Are you using these in your grow? @WillyJ

AN Nutrients is a line I havenā€™t tried yet and I did some more research on them today. I am awaiting a response to a query i made to their support team and I will let you know what they tell me.

2 Likes

Yes @bob31 I am using sensi grow and sensi bloom itā€™s a 2 part base formula parts A&B I know from experience not to ph anything at first I was adjusting ph on everything but the nute mix and it was throwing everything out of wackā€¦I was showing deficiencies so I stopped adjusting ph and gave them some cal-mag plus and they cleared rite up and I havenā€™t adjusted ph on anything since and everything is doing greatā€¦look forward to hearing what they have to sayā€¦

1 Like

What Growing medium are you using? @WillyJ

Pro-mix hp @bob31 the ones in flower are in ffof because I had enough for a grow and had to use it upā€¦I depleted the soil before I started feeding I waited 2-3 weeks the 2 times I transplantedā€¦

1 Like

And what is the normal pH of the pro mix hp? @WillyJ

Tell you the truth Bob I never checked as it is recommended for use with advanced nutrients

Ok good enough. One more question and then tomorrow is another day, lol.

When you mixed the pH perfect / an nutes what was their normal final pH before you adjusted it? Did it always come in at the same pH? Ok that was two?? Haha @WillyJ

I want to say it was around 5.9 that was a while agoā€¦and that was with a couple of supplements and yes I do remember it was consistentā€¦I was adding ph up as those plants were in ffof @bob31

1 Like

Excellent thanks @WillyJ we can get back to this tomorrow!

1 Like

Iā€™m mixing up a batch of bloom in a minute I will calibrate my meter and check the ph for you @bob31

1 Like

Ok @bob31 the bloom nute mix is a consistent 5.7-5.8 with a ppm of 1600 with overdrive and photosynthesis plus all at full strengthā€¦I mixed 24 gal for 8 plants 2 gal at a timeā€¦the last time I checked it was the grow nutes and I think it was around 5.9 but Iā€™ll check that for you when I feed vegā€¦

2 Likes

The PH Perfect nutes hold steady at 5.8 unless you throw a load of acid/base at them. This is perfect for hydroponics, and also works well for soil. @bob31 is correct. You absolutely should be checking the PH, but you should not be adjusting it. If your PH does get out of whack while using this line, you have a very serious problem to address!

Someone on here (maybe @sirsmokes?) hydrated coco bricks with nothing but tap water and PH Perfect nutes and had no problems. If youā€™ve ever tried to get coco bricks to a stable point, youā€™ll realize that this is a pretty fantastic product!

Honestly, if I didnā€™t have 10 litres each of Canna Flores and Vega, Iā€™d switch to the Sensi line. The cost is about double if you follow their directions and change you res every week, but Iā€™m betting I could get 2 maybe 3 weeks from a batch of nutes and spend little more than I am now with probably better results.