Could it still be a Nitrogen deficiency?

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:
Northern lights

Age from Sprout: 2 months

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:
fox farm soil not ocean blend in 5 gallon pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Lately it’s been 4 cups every other day with PH 6.5. I check with fingers and looks of plant

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:
No runoff.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
Started with earth juice. Wasn’t enough for them so recently switched to foxfarm trio. So far it has been 2 feedings. 1 half strength, 1 full strength.

Indoor or Outdoor:
Indoor

Light system, size and height from plants:
T5 4 bulb, 4 foot. 6,7 inches from light.

Temps; Day, Night:
Day 77-80, night 67-70

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:
Yes 4" with carbon filter

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:
No

This plant grew 2-3 inches last night. Other then spots it’s going good. Bottom leaves are drying up. Thpught it cpuld be nitrogen but it’s all the way up top and I did increase the nitrogen when switching to fox farm trio. I also fimmed 3 days ago and it didn’t look as bad.

1 Like

Looks more like Calcium and you should be giving more water 4 cups every other day barely is enough water to get to lower roots in a 5 Gallon pot the soil absorbs and wicks it away fast I would expect 4L every 3-4 days in fabric pots which dry out from sides and top

5 Likes

If you want your roots to occupy more of the pot search out nutrients more of the soil needs to remain moist. You likely have most of nutrients it needs in soil roots are just staying confined to where moisture is. A Calmag supplement would be worth getting

5 Likes

Like @Donaldj said, not enough water. You wanna water to run off Everytime, this helps to ensure all the roots get saturated and it helps to flush out old nutes with buit up salt. Built up salts will look like all kinds of problems

3 Likes

I agree with @Donaldj you will want to give them a lot Moreno water to Keep them happy. I just started using the fabric pots and noticed they dry out a lot quicker. I’m using 5 gallon soft pots and water them twice a week and each gets around 16-20 cups per watering. (Although each grow is different so you will want to find the best amount for you) it’s is good to get runoff when watering as Donald mentioned it forces the roots to seek out moisture allowing them to grow a lot of roots which will be needed to support your buds in flowering.

1 Like

I also agree with you, it looks like the earth has dried up

1 Like

Thank you. I actually already have some calmag so I’ll start using it tonight. Also I’ll water to 20% runoff. I had just transplanted 2 weeks ago into these 5 gallon pots. Also had overwatering in the beginning so im very cautious as to not do it again. I guess a bit too cautious. Thanks again for your help

3 Likes

I just finished up watering. 1 gallon with calmag, fox farm big bloom and grow big. I would say it had about 25% runoff
PH in was 6.5
Runoff was 6.8
PPM in was 170
PPM out was 230
What do you think
@Donaldj

They were indeed hungry a ppm of 230 is low end did plants soak up water left in tray? next time you feed/water adjust ph in to 6.2 shoot for a 500-600ppm in

1 Like

No I don’t let them sit in the runoff. Here is a shot of the set up

I actually pulled them out and put them each into an oversized pot to get exact runoff and check ph, ppm. But they sit on 4 rows of pvc so air can get under the cloth pot also. Only the one is having problems. Other 2 ph in and out was 6.5 ppm was 170 in an 270 out
Have 4 plants total. 1 is in organic soil. I didn’t use nutes or anything on her. She was just transplanted a little over a week ago.

1 Like

Could it have registered too 1170? I didnt think of that. Seemed odd that it would be so low with all I added.

1 Like

quite possible if you have a meter with 10X indicator they read 3 digits and have an X on screen meaning 1000 and 000

2 Likes

I tested some more of the runoff and it was ×10.
So ppm going in was 1700, Out is 2700… hope they don’t burn. No nutes next time. Is a flush in order?

1 Like

@HornHead mentioned something you should watch. @Budtastic The FF trio nutes will build salts and it requires flushing. If you follow the FF feed schedule they say to flush with Sledgehammer (FF product) once a month. That 2700 number could suggest some build up.

1 Like

Yeah I haven’t flushed at all yet but also have only used ff trio 3 times. I will water with runoff with only calmag next time and check an see what it says then. It has been 2 months. This is all first grow so learning curve is pretty sharp. Thanks for the help guys. I’ll keep you all informed.

2 Likes

Good luck with your grow !

1 Like

Flushing seemed to fix the problem. I figured it had to have been salt build up from not flushing for 2 months. The problem didn’t spread an of course didn’t fix damaged leaves. New growth is not affected.