Could I get advice on visuals of my plants?

Hey gang! First time grower here.

I posted an initial thread with a bit more information on my setup here: https://ilgmforum.com/t/lightburn-on-autoflower-first-grow/73246

At the time, I thought I was having light burn on some of my plants because the room got so warm during these summer days. I’ve since been able to keep them at a max of 79f but more often it stays between 72-77f.

I’ve been using the Beginner pack of growth nutrients and I feel like my biggest plant may be getting some nutrient burn. I’ve just added more water to the mix this morning to even it out a bit. Nutrients: https://ilgm.com/products/grow-kit-beginners

I’m keeping the ph around 6.0.

I’m sad to see 2 of the 5 looking fairly stunted. They do have little leaves sprouting at the top, but as you can see, they aren’t anywhere near the queen of the pack (she’s the one with the nutrient burn(?))

Two in the middle seem to be doing ok, but just not as big as the queen there.

I have them being watered for 1 min every 40 min. At first I thought this was overkill so I added more time, then I noticed the queen getting a bit droopy, so I set it back to the 1 min every 40 min.

I’m certain I’m leaving details out that will help you in giving advice, so I will happily reply to any questions with as much detail as I can!

Thanks for giving them a look-see!

Here’s a pic of “the queen” from September 4. This was the day AFTER I increased the watering time back to 1 min every 40 min. The day prior, she was looking down.

I added an extra 1.0g of nutrients on September 5.

Here’s a pic from September 7.

2 Likes

79f is ideal.

Ph should be as close to 5.8 but 5.5-6 will keep it alive again stick to 5.8 its the sweet spot for soilless grows.
Doubtful it’s light burn from that far.
How is thst water system meant to work? Read directions? Call manufacturer?
Looks like rock wool grow to me so I would just water them as needed keep them moist, I would probably grow them in that little drip pan until their roots were getting to the edge and then can drop them in the system.

4 Likes

Hi Nicky! If you click on the link to the old post, you can see them in the system. I took them out for this pic to get some better lighting for you, but they have’t been in the drip tray since about August 15. :slight_smile:

What are you looking to know about the system? I might be able to answer the questions you were eluding to!

You are correct about the rock wool growth medium.

Maybe the small ones should come out of the system again?

I did look at your other post. The two in the right I would put in the system but the others need more roots yet.

How does the system work can you show me the guts of it? Is there a air stone in there or a mister or what’s going on?

Hi Nicky!

It’s called the Aerospring and says:

Blockquote The Aerospring is a low-pressure aeroponic system. Water is pumped up from the reservoir bucket through the vertical tower and showers the roots of the plants, delivering water, nutrients and oxygen.

I can’t take my unit apart easily for pictures, but there are some on their site: https://aerospringhydroponics.com/pages/frequenty-asked-questions

Hope this helps!

PS: It seems my biggest plant has more spotting going on with its leaves. I’m thinking I may have done a poor job of balancing the PH and keeping it at a stable level. It was definitely in the safe parameters, but I’m guessing I didn’t keep it level enough.

I’m hoping they will be ok as autoflowers sound resiliant.

1 Like

Autoflowers are senstive.
Your water will hold PH better and longer the more ppm in the solution.
What’s your ppm?

That thing is very cool!

@Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower check this little low pressure aeroponics setup

2 Likes

Oh no! I thought autoflowers were supposed to be resilient, not sensitive :frowning_with_open_mouth:

I don’t have a PPM tool. Are there any you recommend?

Cheap one off amazon or that you find in your local hydro store.

Autos are resilient to light, you can’t really herm them but they only have like 45 days to grow then they flower.
So those 45 days you need to keep it ideal as possible for best growth.

Autos are great to learn on I always say because it’s a steep learning curve, you fail lots and learn lots if your serious.

2 Likes

Very good to know! Well, I hope a couple of these beauties make it to flowering! Here’s some updates on their changes.

I appreciate all of the great feedback!

2 Likes

Me to you paid a pretty fricking penny for that thing.

Although once you get your plants to a decent size the device will make them grow like crazy. Tag me anytime. You need a hand with @ nicky

Hey gang! I’m hoping to get some feedback on my plant now that I have a PPM pen. Here are some picture updates. I’ve been doing my best to keep the plants around 77f to prevent heat stress.

I’m worried they either aren’t getting the right amount of nutrients or too many? I’ve looked through a couple “Whats wrong with my plants” guides, but at this point, my head is spinning.

Could anyone help me with their take on it?

As for the watering cycle, this is an aeroponics system that trickles water down on the roots set to 1 min of water every 1 hour.

Processing: 188CE669-36DE-4A61-8E84-E59E88289670.heic…
Processing: 9F1CE47A-EAE0-47D1-A86A-6041D10D59D4.heic…
Processing: 6BA6F2F5-EF8B-418D-B051-655A22311E47.heic…
Processing: 955647AF-BEE9-4E9C-BB91-EE7E8869BBA2.heic…

Woof, I’ve tried bouncing around all your threads to get caught up.
1st thing I believe 1 minute water an hour is to much for seedlings in rock wool.
2nd I see you using GH pH test but I can’t seem to find what you are feeding.

If that’s 1331ppm on your nutes juice then I’d say your frying your plants. Which was my 1st thought on one of your threads I found👍

Maybe it’s 947, not familiar with that pen. Still way to hot for those seedlings

Oh man, I’m so confused! Another dude on my more recent post is telling me the nutes should be 1800 lol (I think they are trying to kill em!)

Nutes are these: Marijuana Seeds Grow Kit For Beginners >> ILGM

I also haven’t gone past the second bag. I thought I was giving them too many nutes and harming them, so I sort of stopped a few weeks back. I wanted to do the flush and see if that helped at all.

People are saying they are probably too far gone to save, but if I can even harvest a little it might teach me something?

I’m germinating 3 more seeds now.

I know, I seen. I’ll let him get ya right.

Still left scratching my head wondering if they need high or low at this stage haha. Since it’s a flush of fresh water, I guess i can slowly up them and see what happens. I honestly don’t know if it’s a nute thing or a heat thing. Looking at pics online, it looks more heat related?

Dirt grows throw very high ppm.
Water+nutes=different story.
Any time my hydro rez was pushed over 1100ish I fried !eaves. Right now I’m at 5 weeks and 500-600ppm. I go by general hydroponics feed schedule cuz that’s the products I use.

Am I right? I have no clue, that’s y I stuck around here.

Solid advice!

1 Like

I honestly would cull them out. They are done,fried,finished,no good!
It’s part of learning this hobby. Like I have said b4, failing forward😉

And hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think you are always going to be fighting that machine. Hope I’m wrong there but I’d grow some killer kitchen herbs with it and get a tent/light/system for this hobby.