Costly mistake. What do I do

New to cannabis cultivation. Made the mistake of planting my germinated seeds in miracle grow soil. WTF was I thinking. My runoff was 3200ppm with a pH of 6.8 Oldest plant is obviously showing signs of nutrient burn. I have different soil now I just don’t know how to go about this situation. Should I start over or try to save my seedlings

I would keep them and transplant if I could or at the very least flush the miracle grow soil and she may come back

2 Likes

How big are they?
Autos or Photo period?
Do you have a picture?
Be glad to help you, just need a little info to form a plan.

1 Like

Abit more information about ur plants and some pics taken in natural light would be good

1 Like

They are photos, one is 3wk 2wk and 1wk. The 1wk old one is a MAC which from what I gathered is sensitive to nutrients. The 3wk old is pineapple Chuck and has the burn on the bottom set of leaves. The 2wk is a Glookies and isn’t showing signs of distress. I will attach pictures when I get home. Started feeding them tap water that was not tested. I did leave it out overnight to let some of the chlorine dissipate. When I finally got my pH and ppm meter I was shocked. My water was a 7.9ph and the ppm was 480. I have since weren’t to kids of distilled water until my ro system arrives. They were fed the tap water for about 2wks.

Do u have any pics of ur plants

With photo periods you can do a transplant with a soil change if you are careful.
Take a container filled with water and drown the plants roots in the container. Of course remove the plant from whatever pot it is in first. Gently let all the soil fall away from the roots. Then take a fresh container and place a mound of soil in it and place the roots over the mound. Like in my awful pic.

Top off with new soil and of course water.
Make sure to have the new pot ready so you don’t leave the roots exposed too long. Don’t do it in direct sunlight either. Do it in a shed or garage if possible. If you can dim the lights a bit for 3 days or raise them up to give them a recovery time that will help.

6 Likes

Transplant immediately.

Transplant to cannabis friendly soil. Keep existing root ball in tact (shake off excess) and move it into a prepared pot. Roots will grow through MG. Before transplanting, dust the root ball and the receiving hole with mycorrhizae. I use Great White.

3 Likes

Thanks you guys and I will let you know how it turns out.

1 Like

To be honest I grow exclusively in MG and use high intense nutes, never had an issue.

2 Likes

You start with this and then

These are in polar opposite directions. Nute burn likely would show up in more then just your bottom set of leaves. We jokingly refer to ‘painted nails’ on the leaf tips as pushing the boundary of an over feeding.

Definitely will need some images of your plants to make a real evaluation.

@Djh1984 Need some pictures would help I’ve grown in mg from seed if its new soul it takes a while to dry out so its easy to iver water

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

@Djh1984 my first grow was in miracle grow soil and miracle grow nutes. They grew? Only a 7 ounce harvest total from five plants :rofl: everyone here will help you succeed.

2 Likes

Any fresh bag of potting soil, even fox farms soils, will have an initial ppm of 3000-4000 and even higher. That is what feeds the plants for the first several weeks. The difference between miracle grow and cannabis friendly soil is the slow release fertilizer in the miracle grow.

You monitor the runoff ppm to decide when the nutrients are depleted and need to be replenished. The ppm of new soil will gradually fall from 4000 to 1000. Once you approach 1000 you start feeding. Do not take a fresh bag of soil and attempt to flush it down to 1000 or less, you just ruin the soil. If you want to feed from the start, switch to coco.

For every one of you there are 20 who have nightmares for a month after using MG soil.

Thanks for the advice. I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you