Cost of weed at dispensary?

I look at local dispensary inventory. A local shop has oz. that sell for $59. 17% thc. It is a vertical company but are they trying to cut each other growers out of the market They still sell higher price weed, but for that price what the? :bat: :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

What state @thecount13 ? It’s wayyy more here in MD I think but since I e started growing I quit visiting dispensaries lol.

3 Likes

Michigan, I don’t buy from them unless it is a strain I am growing, just to compare my grow to what they have. :bat: :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

I drive all the way from Ohio (3 hours) to get Michigan dispensary weed (between $55 and $90 per oz.) when I want some varienty and don’t want street weed. They are popcorn buds, but I regularly get THC in the High 20s. I go to Adrian Mich…Amazing Budz. Smoking some right now…all I have of my own stash is couch lock indica.

2 Likes

My main thing with the dispensery. Are the flowers tested for the thc level or is that what the level of that particular plant should reach. I mean, I’ve smoked some dispensery weed that was supposed to be 30% thc, I think it was motor breath, and it didn’t seem to hit as hard as the Runtz or GG I grew at home. I have a buddy that says he can’t get high unless it’s a minimum of 30% thc. Come on, when we were in high school we were stoned sun up to sun down and never did we say this weed didn’t get me high. May of gotten a dime bag with a butt load of seeds during the “dry times” but it still got you high. Then I look at one of his purchases and the lable says thca 30% and I spent an hour explaining that thca is not the same thing as thc and that thca is not what gets you " high". Anyway, I’m a bit stoned and rambling, but how accurate are the thc labels placed on the dispensery label. I’m sure not every bud is tested and I also know on 1 single plant the top cola will test higher then one of the lower flowers.

9 Likes

They probably test the top bud and use that number for ads and labels. I think sometimes they get it wrong in the other direction, I used to get Pink Kush from disp my go-to, always labeled 17 - 21% something like that. But got me really stoned and good taste, cured just right

2 Likes

Our “cheap sh!t” is $200/oz from the dispensary around here. And it is…. Well, for frame of reference, mid-grade bud is about $12 a gram.

Absolutely. Good growing is best.

1 Like

@Autofreak Yeah…THC levels at dispensaries are like horsepower ratings they are never the same as they profess…and :rofl: “a dime bag”…I haven’t heard that term in a while…true stuff though…
Oh yeah the topic…Well I havent been to the dispensary in a few years now that I grow my own…But last time i think it was around $65.00 + dollars and 1/8th…Lots of taxes added on…They completely ruined it…But they can shove that one…I gots my owns now…lol!

4 Likes

Jersey, A big rip off. $55 to $60 for an 1/8th oz. You can only look at a picture of it on a menu board. What good is a description? Plus TAX! It wasn’t even that good. Barely a smell, no taste. Mabey it was just the variety I picked totally at random that sucked. I think it probably costs about 5 cents a gram to grow if you add it up. That’s quite a mark up.

1 Like

The place I mentioned in Mich still has weed for over $400 oz too…but they always have these popcorn buds for well under $100, even if you include the tax. I usually get some sativa hybrids for morning use. Up to the current grow I only grew heavy indicas. Once I harvest this batch (not counting the nuggets before they hatch) I will be going there much less frequently. My own stuff is way better.

2 Likes

Thats about the going price here. 60.00 an 1/8 ,100.00 a quarter. That’s for medical which is not supposed to be taxed. Come July when recreational kicks in, I’m sure it’ll be crazy high with the taxes. No pun intended. That’s one thing that the knuckleheads in our local gov is trying to decide now. How much tax can we add to make it profitable for us but at the same time not drive away customers to the streets to buy it.

2 Likes

Lol. I guess with the dime bag, kinda showed my age. But who hasn’t bought bag, dumped it on an album cover, grabbed a pack of rolling papers and sifted the seeds out. I always seemed to miss 1 seed that would pop in my bowl. Since I’ve been growing my own, that’s 1 thing I don’t miss.

8 Likes

I finally decided to start growing after the increase in prices the last 5 years. I live in an illegal state. So a 2 hour drive isnt that fun either. Now i pay my electric bill. I havent even been to a dispensary or bought weed in over a month now. When i do go, i get things besides flower like carts and shatter.

1 Like

@thecount13

880p is dang cheap Michigan… What’s electricity per KWh up there?
Sounds like the COMPANY MAN has factored the co$t of private grow$ and created a product ju$t for $moker$

Yall see what i did there :rofl:

1 Like

I did!!! Very creative!!!

We have some of the nations highest cost for power. I pay about .25 per kilowatt. I think that this company is trying to force other growers out of the market. :bat: :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Forgive my ignorance,I have never been inside a dispensary.
They seem to cure and sale fast. How is that done?
Seem to test before harvest. Why?

1 Like

If it’s all from the same mother plant, I think they are not obligated to re-test for potency. They may have to still submit to pesticide and mold testing but there’s no value in potency testing between mother and clone grows. Thc % is like 90-99% genetic.

Commercial dehydrators/freeze dryers. They rapid dry to a specific humidity and then throw it somewhere to be packaged (“to cure”). I don’t think quality is necessarily compromised unless someone isn’t paying attention and over-does the dry. It might be, but I don’t know enough to know.

4 Likes

Thank ya buddy :metal:

1 Like