Correct PH levels

Hi all, have questions about PH level. My PH is 7. Have two meters and both read same. Have read lots of different opinions. Grow bible has mention of 7 to eight ok. Have read somewhere here different. That 4.5 / 5 is better. What do you guys think. Just want to get best yield you know. Oh ya, northern lights auto this time. Just planted, man these seeds germinated to almost 1 inch root in 48 hours, poked thru soil in 48 hours, and I swear the next morning they were 1/2 inch tall, Today their better than an inch. Maby they do this but wow, their growing like weeds LOL, I know very delicate stage right now. so if you think ph is to high, how do you lower it.

1 Like

If you’re in soil, you want to aim for 6.3-6.8, with the sweet spot being 6.5.

Here’s a chart showing how pH affects nutrient availability. Hydro is on one side, Soil on the other:Nutrient_Chart2

3 Likes

Good, also I did find same thing in questions asked . First time using the forum. Still figuring out how to use it. Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM!

If you have any questions, just ask. Lots of good potheads, um, I mean people, here.

2 Likes

Ph up an ph down is what we use to adjust it mix it with water to desired ph lvl then water plant with it, if you are in soil catch your runoff an test it to see what ph is coming out, you want that to be the same as what ph you are putting in

1 Like

Don’t forget don’t feed them until they have 5 or 6 true sets of leaves ok

Here is something for you to help you with P H

How to Adjust pH When Growing Organic Cannabis

Question: What’s the Best Way to Adjust pH If I’m Growing in Organic Soil?

How do I manage the pH of my soil when growing organically?

Young marijuana plant is loving lifeMore info: I’ve heard that many pH control
kits can kill beneficial bacteria in the soil.

I was watering my cannabis plants tonight, and I mixed in a half strength dose
of bloom nutes. So I test the PH and it is right in range, about 6.5. When I
tested the runoff, it was really acidic at around 5.5.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I correct pH in my organic soil without hurting
the micro-organisms the help the roots?

Answer

1.) Usually You Don’t Need to Worry About pH When Growing Cannabis With Organic Soil

As long as you’re starting with a good water source, usually you don’t have to
think too much about pH during your grow.

When growing cannabis in organic soil, you usually don’t need to adjust pH, but if
you do you want to use natural sources of PH Up and PH Down

However, when growing cannabis in organic soil, some of the most important things
happen before you even germinate your plants. The more effort you put into starting
with great organic super soil, the less you’ll have to worry about during the actual
grow itself. If you’ve set things up properly, pH won’t be a problem for you!

When growing marijuana organically in a super soil environment, there are tiny
organisms in the soil that break down nutrients and “feed” them directly to your roots.
When you enlist the microorganisms to do the work of making nutrients available to the roots,
pH management stops being something you have to do!

When growing organically, you also depend on your soil and the various components to
automatically buffer the pH. Starting with the right soil will make things a lot easier
for you!

Learn how to make organic super soil (custom-formulated soil for cannabis plants – for
those who want to do organic growing the “real” way and just water their plants, without
having to worry about pH or giving nutrients)

Unless you are noticing actual symptoms of nutrient lockout (nutrient deficiencies) than
pH adjustment is probably not necessary.

Don’t let your nutrients run out!

If you’re starting with regular (non-composted) organic soil, than your plants will
quickly use up all the nutrients in the soil and you will either have to transplant
to new, fresh soil every 3-4 weeks or supplement with a proven organic nutrient line
like the GO box. It’s especially important to make sure your plant doesn’t run out of
nutrients in the flowering stage or it will dramatically lower your yields! Once of
the cool things about composted soil is the nutrients break down slowly over the course
of your grow, giving your plants the right amount of nutrients at the right time.

But if you are using liquid nutrients, it becomes important again to make sure you’re
testing the pH of the water going in and out. Even organic liquid nutrients are only
readily available to your plants if the pH is in the right range. But since you don’t
want to disturb the microorganisms in the soil, try to only actually adjust the pH if
you notice pH nutrient problems in your plants.

In general with organic growing, it’s recommended you do not adjust or try to manage
pH until you know something is wrong. In organic growing “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.”

Occasionally you may need to adjust the pH of your organic super soil to ensure the
best marijuana growth!

2.) Organic Ways to Adjust pH – For When There’s a Nutrient Problem!

If you’re seeing nutrient problems on your plant, and you know your plant hasn’t used
up all the nutrients, the first thing to always check is the pH! Check the pH of the
water that’s going into your plant, as well as the runoff water that’s coming out the
bottom. In soil you want to maintain a pH of 6-7.

If you do notice nutrient problems, the first thing to do is check the pH of the water
going in and out!

Get a pH test kit on Amazon.com Get a pH tester on Amazon.com
Learn how to check the pH of your soil

If your pH is outside the 6-7 range, you may need to adjust the pH to avoid further
nutrient lockout on your cannabis plants. But since you’re growing in organis soil,
if you do want to adjust pH, you should use an organic source.

Luckily, there are natural sources of PH Up and PH Down, many of which you can actually
find around the house!

Get Organic PH Down on Amazon - Earth Juice Natural PH DownGet Organic pH Down on
Amazon.com - Earth Juice Natural pH DownOrganic “pH Down”
•lime
•lemon
•vinegar
•Earth Juice Natural pH Down

Organic “pH Up”
•baking soda
•Earth Juice Natural pH Up

Note: Dolomite Lime acts as a natural pH buffer and will help keep the pH constant
when added to your soil during the compost process. It can also help correct acidic
soil up to a certain point. If you have just realized your soil pH is too low, try
to find powdered dolomite lime, as the larger chunks take longer to break down, though
be careful that you don’t add more than instructed, lime is “hot” (has relatively high
levels of nutrients) and can burn your plant in too-high doses. The larger chunks should
be okay if you’re just looking for a pH buffer.

Using an inorganic pH adjuster (like the pH Up and Down that come with most pH adjustment
kits, for example the General Hydroponics pH kit) may actually damage your microherd
(beneficial bacteria) and can set your marijuana plants back as far as nutrient
breakdown / absorption is concerned.

1 Like