Coolest calculator for growing I’ve ever seen!

Does anyone here use this DLI calculator I found?

https://growlightmeter.com/calculator/

It basically tells me exactly what PAR my plants should be receiving each week. I would really like to know if anyone has strictly followed its week by week recommendations and how the grow went.

5 Likes

Alot of growers including myself use it. Very helpful with your grows.

2 Likes

I’m 3 days after germination. I’m at 190 PAR at top of plant, 18 on 6 off which is giving me 12.3 mol/m²/d at a recommended 12. This is AWSOME!

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man:t3: I use it also. I paid the onetime fee of $5.99 for the LED Full Spectrum option, but I believe it’ll be worth its weight in gold. Now that my ladies are moving into flower I check daily. Great suggestion by a growmie. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

It didn’t download the app. I’m using a Photobio PAR meter. I’m just using the calculator in the pic below. I’m hopeful this is going to maximize my yield or at least help.

1 Like

@av8ersteve Ah…… now I understand I use the phone app, but I’m sure we will both benefit from using this technology. It was a great suggestion and more cultivators should be made aware of its existence. Have a pleasant day. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2: yes Photone is the phone app I can take my readings using the photo lens on my smartphone.

1 Like

So I used it a base guide for the most part especially more towards the start of the grow. But I’d say around mid veg I really started to push things. Especially running co2 and the more I got dialed in the more I really started pushing.im pretty sure I was way over recommended value when I was into flowering. Even still so on my last week before the El chopo chop chop.

1 Like

I use a piece of paper as my filter and I find I get higher readings when I use a wider piece of paper. I had less of the area around my lens covered and I was getting a DLI of 48/49 at my tops. I cut another wider piece that covered over my earpiece and over the top of the phone and my number was 54 I raised my lights a few inches. Back to a reading of 48. I have to figure my paper filter isn’t really scientific technology. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

Get the photobio par meter. It’s relatively cheap . Mine has served me well

Thank you very much I’ll check that out right now. I’d rather have something I can count on rather than estimates. I’d hate for my plants to fry or herm. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

PHOTOBIO LGBQM2 Advanced Quantum Sensor PAR Meter (Micromoles), Measure Light Intensity https://a.co/d/7kesXG5

That’s the one I use. Works perfect!

1 Like

That it does. :+1: